navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » Passage through the Hourglass
Open Poetry #38
Post A Reply Post New Topic Passage through the Hourglass Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California

0 posted 2006-06-02 01:56 PM

Passage through the
Hourglass

The corridor between the silent hands
which spun with myr-i-ads of molten sand
that flowed back equal increments of time
held many doors through many walls
that lead to countless many halls
where many stairs remained
on which to climb
and I had not the time…
…and I had not the time
to look behind each mystic door
and as-cer-tain which walls or floors
would bring me here to where I am at last
a phantom with some inkling of my past
peering pointless at this hourglass.

Lighthouse Bob

[This message has been edited by Lighthousebob (06-02-2006 02:33 PM).]

© Copyright 2006 Robert E. Michaud Jr. - All Rights Reserved
miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
1 posted 2006-06-02 02:00 PM

love the message of choices in passing time and the movement of rhythm and sound!  Nice flow!

miscellanea

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2006-06-02 02:03 PM

LightHouseBob~
Your ink flows efforlessly through this hourglass of rhyme~
Exquisite work, my friend~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -       noles1@totcon.com     

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2006-06-02 02:03 PM

I have a saying with my kids, and it is, "How do you know where you are going if you don't remember where you have been?" Then again Bob, they call me the "Carpe' Diem Kid!"

Wonderful message in this one, and it is absolutely great to see you posting when you get time.  Good luck with your studies.

Waste not a second ~ Carpe' Diem

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
4 posted 2006-06-05 12:03 PM

Thank you everyone for reading and for your kind replies.

miscellanea,

Thank you for your thoughtful comment. It was very thoughtful of you to take the time to read my poem with much additional care as to pick up on its "movement of rhythm and sound" and the deeper message of making choices.  Again, thank you.

Marge,

I am so happy that I reached my goal here and that you found this work Exquisite.
Kind of like the sands of time, I am very very happy that seemingly my "ink flows effortlessly" in this poem as this certainly was a goal of mine. Smiles. Writing a poem that the reader sees or perceives as effortless reading is such a high goal of mine that it brings such a relief to me to know that I reached it. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...

Sharon,

Thank you for your kind Welcome Back and for your Good Luck Wishes. Smiles. I do wish that I was more like you though in the matter of time management but, unfortunately, time does seem to slip away from me and especially so when I am preoccupied in my studies. I just can't seem to hold on to it. Anyway, I think that the message that you share with your children is a very important one... Regardless of how busy it may become, I do think that it is very very important that we take time to reflect on where we've been. Thank you again.

-Bob

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » Passage through the Hourglass

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary