navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » Ghetto Slang
Open Poetry #38
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ghetto Slang Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
bigboy
since 2006-05-16
Posts 7

0 posted 2006-05-23 07:33 PM

I've got to express what I feel; and articulate what I observe,                                   Ghetto life, who wears the medals in the ghettos, But those in the cemeteries; for their drive-by become their good-bye                              Ceremony end with a bang, bang to a prince         The hood weeps because their buddy went to sleep   Ghetto life got to hold on                        Mamas cry because their babies die                 Victimised by some bad guys                        Living in the ghetto what you perceive, not what you conceive,                                     Who will receive the honor, but memories of the past                                               Reminisce about yesterday, focus on today          Keep away from the grave                           No violence in the ghetto, I'm my brother's keeper
I don't want to be a weeper, just a shout out to the sleeper; wake up

© Copyright 2006 bigboy - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2006-05-23 07:55 PM

wake up, indeed
thank you
for an interesting read

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2006-05-23 07:56 PM

Nice writing...James
shirtless
since 2006-04-29
Posts 359

3 posted 2006-05-23 08:15 PM

When I read this I feel like a rapper.
Do you ever record your work?

http://anthonyarmstrong.zoomshare.com

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » Ghetto Slang

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary