navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » A Friend in You to Seek
Open Poetry #38
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Friend in You to Seek Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
poettothecars
since 2006-02-10
Posts 1093
New Zealand

0 posted 2006-06-19 01:22 AM

A Friend in You to Seek

04 December 2005

You know I am hurting
you know I am in pain
Of this life we live
sure real to be no game

But why do you not speak
Have I taken the words from you
and laid them in gentleness at your feet

Beauty to the soul
eyes of brown - green - blue
and hazel in another colour to see
You know I am hurting
in awaiting your
words to speak

This may not be love
and that might never ever be
You know I am in pain
just a friend in you to seek

“A friend loveth at all times, and
a brother is born for adversity.”
Proverbs 17: 17

© 2006 Christopher W Herbert (a New Zealand Poet)

a poet who cares

© Copyright 2006 Christopher W Herbert - All Rights Reserved
Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
1 posted 2006-06-19 04:01 AM

Christopher - I have been remiss in not commenting on your poems but time sometimes works against me.  I do read though and understand that you are a "poet who cares" and poets hurt as much as the next one or perhaps even more.  The friend who you have chosen for yourself and who you often quote will not let you down although it may seem like it at times.  Words reach across the miles and touch perhaps unknowingly but always they bring the writer more in touch with a belief and a point of view that might normally have been overlooked.

Helen

Ratleader
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-01-23
Posts 7026
Visiting Earth on a Guest Pass
2 posted 2006-06-22 12:05 PM

Someone called me brilliant -- I couldn't accept it even as a compliment. I told them no, I'm just a man who feels things too strongly, and who is sometimes able to tell of them in ways that let someone else feel them too.

You are one, too. You feel things brilliantly, see them in colors some can't, or have been trained not to, see...and you share fully. That's as good as people get.

And as for those friends, you're completely right. Show a loose scale and the whole reef comes for lunch...except for a few, and those few are worthy to be called "friend".

I've learned that lesson right here in these blue pages.

~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>   ~~(¸¸¸¸ºº>  ~~(¸¸ ¸¸ºº>    ~~~(¸¸ER¸¸ºº>
______________Ratleader______________

Kristabell
since 2003-11-29
Posts 678
Portland, OR
3 posted 2006-06-22 12:09 PM

Nice write!
dreamdc
since 2005-11-11
Posts 54
Utah, USA
4 posted 2006-06-22 12:22 PM

Its hard when people's emotions get twisted and turned, when people take things wrong, or don't take the time to read a little deeper. I've known a man who I've come to find probably just needs a friend to talk with every now and then, but becuase I judged his intentions in the beginning, I pushed his offerings of 'friendship' away. Now I do regret it terribly. This poem brought back those memories for me. Thank you for sharing. Very nice write. -Danielle
poettothecars
since 2006-02-10
Posts 1093
New Zealand
5 posted 2006-06-22 12:44 PM

In relation to this poem of mine, I have now composed about 180 poems in connection with the same friendship.

Even in December 2005, when I wrote a record 212 poems in a month. The majority were in relation to this same Canadian friendship, a true connection of spirits oceans apart.

Of that much more can be said, including the book of poems I published in relation to her, including the above poem.

As to the saying about poetry, and the fact you never know the poets side of the poem.

I truly thank you for your comments in connection to this poem, given it was as much a lesson in understanding the workings of an inner-voice. And learning to trust that spirit from with in.

Of this I reposted from the previous Open Poetry thread - since her photograph accompanied the poem /pip/Forum95/HTML/001086.html

Also this is the latest works composed in her honour /pip/Forum95/HTML/000896.html

Of such things, poetry has a way of life. I realize my own form of writing has one unusual factor. Most of my poems are focused upon other people, where that spirit can truly hold hands across a globe.

I am just grateful for those who take the time to provide some reassurance to a humble poet (some may thing to be arrogant in the way of their poems and footnotes)

Yet each book has a cover normally, and to turn the page - shows what is inside

Thank you with all my heart for your kindness.

a poet who cares

jody5
since 2005-12-21
Posts 876
California, U.S.A.
6 posted 2006-06-22 02:47 AM

Poettothecars,  I  can certainly relate to your poem.  I get hurt very easily and feel sometimes very lonely .  I love your work.

Huggs Kimberly

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » A Friend in You to Seek

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary