navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #37 » My Little Snow-White Golden Girl
Open Poetry #37
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Little Snow-White Golden Girl Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa

0 posted 2006-01-11 12:21 PM

My Little Snow-White Golden Girl
18 August 2005

If you were to ask me
for a definition of
reciprocated love
and untainted happiness
wrapped into one . . .

wordlessly,
I would show you
my fluffy, white, near-blind, little Daisy-dog
bounding towards me
with joyful little barks.

- Owl

© Copyright 2006 Diana van den Berg - All Rights Reserved
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

1 posted 2006-01-11 01:17 PM

oh the plesantries of simple things, make the grandness stand out, doesn't it...enjoyed this with a smile....
ManOfWolves28
since 2005-12-21
Posts 83

2 posted 2006-01-11 06:24 PM

Would you agree that it's at times hard to find words describing one's love for their pets?
I like poetry that includes animals and people interacting with each other.

May the winds sweep through the moonless sky....

MUSEconnieSEconnie
since 2006-02-28
Posts 74
california
3 posted 2006-03-03 05:19 PM

WOW THIS IS THE PERFECT TRIBUTE TO UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.  THE KIND OUR PETS GIVE US.  BRAVO!!!
MUSEconnieSEconnie
since 2006-02-28
Posts 74
california
4 posted 2006-03-03 05:20 PM

I FELT THAT WAY ABOUT MY BIRD WHO DIED RECENTLY.  I WILL BE POSTING A POEM ABOUT HIM SOON.  HE ALWAYS FLEW TO MY EAR TO GET ME OUT OF BED WHEN I WAS IN DEPRESSION AFTER MY STROKE.  HE SAVED ME.  THIS POEM BROUGHT THAT NICE MEMORY BACK.  THANK YOU SWEET OWL!!!!

I AM BLIND/I POST IN CAPS. FORGIVE IF THEY ARE UNCOMFORTABLE. A VOICE READER HELPS ME READ POSTS.  MY SCR-NAME POSTED WRONG, IT IS MUSEconnieHUES

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
5 posted 2006-03-03 05:49 PM

This is about the 4th time in fewer minutes that I have tried to reply.  I hope I haven't entered 4 copies of various stages of my reply.  I was hopping backwards and forwards to read each reply and somehow I landed up with 2 copies of the forum.  I hope I have it right this time.

Thank you Lee.  I am glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, I agree with you ManOfWolves.  Thank you for your response.

Connie, I am so very, very sad to hear about your bird.  I will look out for your poem.  I am a terrible coward about reading sad animal/bird poetry, though.

Martie also lost a bird and wrote a beautiful poem about it.  I can't remember the name of the poem, but if you do a search on Martie's poems (I think it may have been in Open Poetry #36 in the Archives) you will find it.

- Owl

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
6 posted 2006-03-03 06:34 PM

Connie, Martie's poem is called: "A Canary Watches the Passing of the Sun".

- Owl

MUSEconnieSEconnie
since 2006-02-28
Posts 74
california
7 posted 2006-03-03 11:31 PM

THANK YOU FOR THE TITLE
HUGGGGGGS

I AM BLIND/I POST IN CAPS. FORGIVE IF THEY ARE UNCOMFORTABLE. A VOICE READER HELPS ME READ POSTS.  MY SCR-NAME POSTED WRONG, IT IS MUSEconnieHUES

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
8 posted 2006-03-03 11:38 PM

Oh Diana, your little Daisy Dream Girl looks so sweet to me. Thank you for sharing her. Hugs...
Kate

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
9 posted 2006-03-04 01:33 AM

It's a pleasure, Connie.

Oh, Kate, she is!  As you know, I am an Estate Agent - and somebody whose house I sold asked me to take her and Mo, their cat (I go moggy over the animals of all the houses I visit, before I can concentrate on the house!).  I said I couldn't take Mo because Tigger, my cat, wouldn't like it as he had been King of the Walk for 9 years (that was nearly 2 years ago), but I found Mo a wonderful home.  I said that seeing Daisy was used to a cat, if Tigger accepted her, I could take Daisy.  Tigger did and so Daisy became part of the family nearly 2 years ago, and what a delightful darling she is.  And you are so right - she is a Daisy Dream Girl.

- Owl

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #37 » My Little Snow-White Golden Girl

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary