navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #36 » The end of an era - Part 2
Open Poetry #36
Post A Reply Post New Topic The end of an era - Part 2 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa

0 posted 2005-11-05 04:01 PM

Wine, women, and song and the matador and the bull like an acorn in the lost lining of sweetness in the pit of a soul.  Left or right over a mountain?  I cannot stay at the crossover point in the mist in mid May in case the demon of need would catch, grab, and keep my head/heart and the eyes of a woman.  Perhaps but maybe not the time has come for spirit love.

As a river flows so my train of thought of what I don’t/do want to know about love’s empathy but, really, I won’t go there no more because the skeleton of doubt like formations of rock when I get there.  Intuition tells me that if time could know more about winter roses and crosswise maneuvers, there would be no deceit.

Spells are cast over dying trees and the common heart and love and someone need to pay attention because the call is for growth spurts.  To think there can be rainbows in life’s tapestry when the wind blows cold just illusionary sketches in the silent spaces of a last plea.  

Behind the voice of thunder a flower blooms similar to the perfume of a heart and that’s alright because the air I breathe brings peace after the tears.  Oh, to love like a lovely lady but where I’m at there’s no love’s hold in the circle of my soul and this is my confession.  I could go to a land called Swaziland for just a release but sun touches windswept roads in the overthrow of summer and I might imagine things in love’s sky.

How do you feel when exhausted with no hope or new car under the African sky?  Only one tree as a symbol of human need in memory but be still because in the grooves and threads run leprechauns and ghouls to frighten a caveman not to mention the termites and rats.  

God saw it was good that she dances again and so I write the words of love at the start.  Praise me for this bonus pain because partners like the sea and the shore have knock-on effects in unholy matrimony.

It’s been said that the music makers pull the strings off the wings of simple things but that’s just a ramble for the good of soul transplanted in the grey and not a last and final call for memories to play ball.  

The grey sky in descent like handmade footsteps of dreams and how knowing this progression around the mulberry bush of unrequited love but I’ll remember today/yesterday and the glow of summer over rolling hills until one to twelve, the end.

Emotion speaks in the swing of time, “Be my Valentine” but decisions, decisions, and who gives way to new life?   In simple terms it’s simply this; it was only a dream of your touch and her walk into withdrawal only shadows in the glare of necessity vs. need.

Helen

[This message has been edited by Honeybunch (11-05-2005 11:24 PM).]

© Copyright 2005 Helen - All Rights Reserved
aujussy wolf
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-08-09
Posts 1215
Michigan
1 posted 2005-11-05 04:44 PM

I won’t go there no more because the skeleton of doubt like formations of rock when I get there.  Intuition tells me that if time could no more about winter roses and crosswise maneuvers, there would be no deceit.

the end of an era , what an amazing write
your vision is vast , good work h
~wolf

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
2 posted 2005-11-05 05:36 PM

What a beautifully written piece!  I was captivated by the word pictures formed throughout.  

Rae

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
3 posted 2005-11-05 07:30 PM

Aha! To my delight, Part II came sooner than expected!

Whatta trip that was! It's amazing how you do this!

This is one of the lines that especially appreciated,

"God saw it was good that she dances again and so I write the words of love at the start."  

~ indeed you do!

Linda

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
4 posted 2005-11-05 11:31 PM

Thanks you guys!  Some things are finished before they even start in this life of ours but that aside part 3 is here now otherwise it would have to wait until next Sunday.  Gotta end on a Sunday!  
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
5 posted 2005-11-06 11:52 PM

Gotta get this one up there with the other two.  I read them out of order the first time.  They are even better when read in sequence as intended!   .....jo
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #36 » The end of an era - Part 2

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary