navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #34 » And I unknown
Open Poetry #34
Post A Reply Post New Topic And I unknown Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

0 posted 2004-11-27 01:38 PM

A gentle breeze drifted caressing the gown
Silhouetting a curve of beauty
Leading the eye to circle
Thinking far off thoughts
Often hidden
For fear
Beckoning calling unknown tripped
To wander alone in ideas
Of chilling vision
To sink and think
To rise and strive
To echo words

I am free
To my soul

For a moment, my body for a lifetime

Fearing the next

Step

Of scent willing fragrance
Enticing
Movement
Seeking
Desiring
Attracting

Those periods of lunacy
Following my senses
Unknown and unsought

To stand where life is

And I unknown

To all but pleasure

© Copyright 2004 Dave Page - All Rights Reserved
ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
1 posted 2004-11-27 02:08 PM

Dave,
I often read without comment on many writes here.  There are those that beckon comment, like the lasting impression of this final verse.  Quite an impact.  Have enjoyed watching your talent widen as you make your home here.
TD

DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

2 posted 2004-11-27 02:27 PM

I do think about what I write on Piptalk and I do think I should not repeat approaches, themes and words unless it is deliberate.

It is too easy to get into a rut and churn out the same old stuff.

I now write with a word document open and a piptalk session open - one for spelling in English English, one for concentrating my mind and writing on Piptalk does that.

Piptalk hasn't affected what I write or the development of my words unless I am playing for fun.  

Tag on the Scroll over the years broke through the boundaries I needed to break.

1.  That someone believes you must have experience something to write about and you haven't.
2.  That you must have failed in some way to write within a creative, disciplined activity.
3.  That everything you do, must have the curtains closed when they can be opened a little.
4.  That someone will read what you have written, which is what deep down, you want anyway.
5.  That you will be frightened of their comments about it, as you are.
6.  That you should respond to them even when you think they are incorrect, which often is extending some critic's ego trip, who didn't want more than the ego trip, anyway.

Thanks

Dave

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
3 posted 2004-11-27 03:41 PM

Sometimes I double back for a read over.
If I understood you, and I think I did...please let me say that I don't believe you have progressed in your works for one reason or another...as life progresses, awareness opens, thus gifts of this sort become clearer. I think it's like that for all of us.  Also,
In not responding to all I read...I enjoy and appreciate all I read, I just don't have much to add to it, or it isn't required...I think we are saying the same.

As I read this a second time...it is the softness of it that I think has the most impact.  The bloom among the thorns of life I guess.

I'm glad I came back and read this again...you show a good sense of humor, and a good sense of yourself, and that is very uplifting.
TD

DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

4 posted 2004-11-27 03:53 PM

TD

You may have just caught me on a rough point of time but I was just replying honestly without malice.

I read your words as well and often dont comment but nothing was personal to you.

Poets and writers kick some impact in me and I respond.

regards

Dave

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #34 » And I unknown

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary