navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » A New Year?
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic A New Year? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA

0 posted 2000-01-01 02:53 PM

This is a new year, a new millenium even!
A new life?
A new start?
I don't buy into that!
Not for a second
Because I know the truth
I know what's in store for me
Down the road
I'm sick of carrying the "surrendor" flag
And waving it over head
And I'm sick of putting on the "act"
That keeps me alive
'Cause if I didn't wave that flag..
And didn't put up the act,
They would tear me apart like wild dogs,
Preying on fresh meat!
A new start, a new year, you say?
I'll still be here doing the same
Nothing will change for me this year
'Cause the road keeps winding
And I'll keep walking it
Just don't step over me, onto me, around me,
When I stop to rest.

< !signature-->

JOY

[This message has been edited by JOY 14 (edited 01-02-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Kristen Joy Jacobus - All Rights Reserved
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
1 posted 2000-01-01 05:33 PM

Joy this was fantastic.  I feel that way too in a way.  I want better, I hope for better, but a little bit inside says to me, "honey you're dream it ain't gonna get better!"
Bravo this is a beauty  

At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet. (Plato)
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
2 posted 2000-01-01 07:01 PM

Thank you, Isis.  
Pepper
Member Elite
since 1999-08-19
Posts 3079
Southern Florida
3 posted 2000-01-02 11:53 AM

I feel the hopelessness in this piece Joy.....
Wonderful writing here!

A soul that writes from the heart and shares it, truly gives a gift extraordinaire!
Shannon

JennyLee
since 1999-09-01
Posts 1461
Northwestern, NJ.
4 posted 2000-01-02 04:04 PM

I liked this alot.
It expresses what many people feel.
I really like the the last two lines.

Jenny

Love is an attempt at penetrating another being,But it can only succeed if the surrender is mutual.

FreeByrd
since 1999-11-03
Posts 267

5 posted 2000-01-03 10:55 AM

Your right about the marker " a new millenium ". It doesn't magically change things.
I'm not the type of person to make promises and resolutions that sound good at the time, but back deep in the gray matter I know I'll never follow through on.
Amongst all the hoopla, it was in the scheme of things, just another year biting the dust and about three months before I'm in the habit of putting the correct date on my checks.
But a couple of minutes before midnight ( I was at work, ready to thwart all those pending Y2k problems. Yeah Right.. ) when I suddenly realized that this really was something different than all the other years and that maybe I could really make some changes for the better in my life.
I just figured that this was a mental opportunity to bust out of the grind and put some positive force back into my life.
You know, whatever day you pick is a great day to get it together.
So here's a challenge. Pick a day and do something to bring some " JOY " back into your life for at least one day and see how good feels. From there maybe you can put a few days together and so on.

Best Wishes... from someone who believes in you and tomorrow.      

There must be some kinda way out of here... say the joker to the thief

There's to much confusion, I can't get no relief

- Hendrix

JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
6 posted 2000-01-03 06:27 PM

Pepper, Jenny, Thanks.

And FreeByrd-

I was thinking along those same lines.  When I wrote this there might have been some bitterness involved!  I wasn't going to make any resolutions this year and the new millenium thing just bugged me.  You're right that it isn't "magic" by any means.  People just like me still have their problems and they won't go away.  
However, your words make sense.  The way I see it, I don't have to appreciate this year because it is a new millenium or the year 2,000!  I'll appreciate it because it is a time for new oppurtunities and living every moment.  
Like I said before, I was thinking along those lines, but it was just shoved to the back of my mind.  Until I read your response that is, and it really put things in perspective!

Thanks FreeByrd!  I'll pick that day and put a little "joy" back in my life.      

JOY

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » A New Year?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary