navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Afraid.
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Afraid. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kissa~rachelle
since 2003-11-27
Posts 988
nowhere special

0 posted 2004-01-11 08:05 PM

You are like my brother,
one of my best friends.
I never thought that i could ever fall for you,
yet as i sit here, I am.

You have told me before,
you want to just be friends.
At first at you, I was sore,
Then i began to understand.

I thought that i was over you,
and everything was fine,
then i realized I wasn't,
that i still wanted to call you mine.

I am afraid to let you know,
how i feel for you.
afraid to let my feelings show,
afraid to feel this way for you.

so, i sit here thinking of you,
My feelings bottled up,
afraid to take a risk,
afraid to jump.

I'm afraid you don't feel for me,
the way i feel for you.
I am afraid you wont see,
exacltly how much i really love you!

One day i will tell you,
exactly how i feel,
but until that day comes,
I am just going to have to deal.

So i sit here thinking of you,
My feelings bottled up,
afraid to take a risk,
afraid to jump.

© Copyright 2004 Karissa - All Rights Reserved
xEmperorEmber
since 2000-03-28
Posts 136
tx
1 posted 2004-01-11 08:11 PM

you know what? i had a crush on a girl for 6 years.. and i couldnt work up the nerve to ask her. and we were best friends the whole time. I always saw her date other guys and it tore me up. Finally i asked her and she just said "i thought you would never ask" and we dated for a year, broke up.. had fun and now were still really good friends.  

give it a try
lifes all about the experiance
good or bad, its what you make of it
HONESTLY

Sincerly,

PAUBLO ESCABAR, INTERNATIONAL JEWEL THIEF!

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2004-01-11 08:59 PM

wow..i had this same exact experience. Same thing happened to me basically as Emperor tho...i went out with him for 2 years or somethin and we broke up...now things arent exactly the same as they use to be but thats the price you pay....one of the hardest things in life is to fall for you best friend...i wish you the best of luck.

Standing on the edge of the world
Now I don’t want you to catch me
I want you to let me
Stand up here and walk on my own

kissa~rachelle
since 2003-11-27
Posts 988
nowhere special
3 posted 2004-01-11 09:18 PM

Than you for your advice, and comments. Me and him hve been friends for about 5 months, and i ahve always thought he was sort of hott, but i never really liked him more than a friend, till we got into a fight, and i realized how much i missed him. WE are friends again, and i am afraid that he wont feel for me, like i feel for him. I am still not sure how to tell him or when. I hope i hear more comments. Thank you.
~kissa~

Snickers123
since 2004-05-07
Posts 94
United States-Iowa
4 posted 2004-06-06 07:20 PM

That was REALLY good! idk the words for it, just it was awesome and had alot of feeling

~*.:Leah:.*~

WinterWren
since 2002-12-01
Posts 1044
...Coming to
5 posted 2004-06-06 11:02 PM

I liked this poem, you expressed your frustration well. I would tell you to talk to him about it.
I liked someone who was one of my best friends for 4 years, I never did tell him how I felt. But looking back, I can say for sure that he felt the same way, I just couldn't see it then.
We're not friends anymore, because he changed alot. But I've always wondered what things would have been like if I had just confronted him about my feelings.
Even if this person doesn't feel the same about you, at least you won't always be wondering "what if". You won't have any regrets.
I hope things work out for you

W.W.
We were meant to live for so much more have we lost ourselves?
Maybe redemption has stories to tell maybe forgiveness is right where you fell.

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
6 posted 2004-06-07 02:02 AM

I have to agree with these guys.  You gotta let it out.  Take your time and find just the right way to tell him how you feel.  When it comes down to it, if he's a guy worth all of this trouble for you, then he'll at the very least make sure your friendship remains strong.  If he doesn't, then he didn't have enough character for you anyways...and btw, I enjoyed reading your poem.

Be it in the truest form, or a desperate lack thereof, fail not to understand that the inspiration is love.

*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
7 posted 2004-06-07 08:09 PM

WOW!!! Everyone has felt like this at one time or another...
I felt like this with my guy friend.  We had been best friends for years but then I began to like him. I recently (FINALLY) struck up the nerve to say something...and we've already been going out for 1 and a half months!!
Just plan it out - how your gonna say it. But remember it's better to say it and know how he feels than to keep your emotions bottled up inside and never know how it would have turned out.

~Alli~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Afraid.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary