navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » the melting clock
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic the melting clock Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lexy
since 2003-01-28
Posts 1038
California

0 posted 2004-07-09 10:40 PM

I will be cut, and I will not clean my gaping wounds, until the proper hour is upon the melting clock.
We bathe in the bitterness of the fatality of this creation.  
We are still trying to conceive if we are well
or if we are to always be sick and twisted in our minds.
The clock is melting down the sholder of my favorite shelf.
The numbers make desperate attempts to be wise in their falling.

Always lending ourselves to something larger,
were always bending into some mold, that is not us.
And I am not fine, at all.
In your calling you sounded so assured that you would be walking up my stairs for tea,
like always.
Who knows, I could be gone in the morning.
Cause darling, I am growing weary, of how you think I am predictable.
You think you know every twist and tug of my smile.

The case has grown complex, you insist upon it's simplicity, this I am not seeing.
I will be pale and my dark hair will fall messy in my face,
and you will insist that it is a beautiful day for smiling, and that we should bask in it.
I'd rather just try to go back to sleep, and forget how I've betrayed my will,
by allowing you to waunder the outter rooms, of my heart.  

You are not supposed to be breathing deeply beside me, you have made yourself so comfortable.
And yet you do not see, how very dangerous I am.
You are vunerable, you could be cut, and I will not dress your wounds until the proper hour is upon the melting clock.  

© Copyright 2004 Alexis Smith - All Rights Reserved
WinterWren
since 2002-12-01
Posts 1044
...Coming to
1 posted 2004-07-11 09:25 PM

Im surprised no one's replied to this yet.
I love all your poems, and this one is no exception. It's very descriptive of what you're feeling.
I especially love the first 3 lines of the second stanza.
Thanks for sharing.

WinterWren-
Counting stars wishing I was ok,
Crashing down was my biggest mistake.

fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)
2 posted 2004-07-12 03:25 AM

yeah damn, more people should reply. it seems PIP is lacking in replys lately, so i'll try to fix that.
your posts are weird but always really cool. i know that sounds lame, but hey..i don't care.  i love how you use the weird imagery and then you just say what you mean in plain english toward the middle/end.  i mean you still use symbolism, but you try to explain. i hope you get what i mean.  it makes it a lot easier for the reader to relate and all that, and i do.  you created cool images and i really hope to read more from you.  i can't think of anything bad to say...i think you might of spelt shoulder wrong? haha yeah that's it =).

bergundy

"Be who you want and do what you will, in the end those who matter won't mind, and those who mind won't matter." -Dr Suess- (a brilliant man)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » the melting clock

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary