navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Moonshadow
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Moonshadow Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
young_blood
since 2003-09-19
Posts 1115
Indianapolis, IN

0 posted 2004-06-26 01:37 PM

I watched the moonlight shimmer like a belly dancer on the lake last night.
the waves crept slowly upon the only to retreat, as if playing a game of tag with the sand: neverending in it's child-like whispers.
Laura, if you listen closely you can hear what wisdom the lake wishes to impart upon you.
Dan, if you watch closely the water's eyes may give you some insight into the dangers that lay inside the casket that never closes.
The lake smiles wedding rings from it's center, waiting for another groom to come and become lost in the love of the deep.
I smile and know that this watery paradise stares into the eyes of my love, Erika.
How I wait for the day when this lifeguard tower holds the two of us in it's arms and the moon closes half an eye to our silhouette as we forget what graves have been left open before us.
What a beautiful graveyard.

now im alone, but not lonely like before

© Copyright 2004 Alex Lewis - All Rights Reserved
kissa~rachelle
since 2003-11-27
Posts 988
nowhere special
1 posted 2004-06-27 12:22 PM

Beautiful...

I want a relationship i can finally sink my teeth into.~ Alexander Sterling

young_blood
since 2003-09-19
Posts 1115
Indianapolis, IN
2 posted 2004-06-29 06:43 PM

thank you
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » Moonshadow

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary