navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Night Life
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Night Life Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ranidae_poet
since 2003-11-05
Posts 66
Texas,USA

0 posted 2003-11-05 04:20 PM

Lonely voices echo among  hollow ears
Their voices leave me empty
Cursed in my years

Dancing Mindless and cold
Just a little too close
I pray , my soul I haven’t sold

Blank faces, starving for expression
In every corner
Another  committee is in session

Alcohol induced affection
And malevolent schemes
Are my only protection

There are only three beings worth of respect; the priest, the solider and the poet; To know, To Kill  and to create.

[This message has been edited by ranidae_poet (11-05-2003 09:48 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Rianda - All Rights Reserved
Lexy
since 2003-01-28
Posts 1038
California
1 posted 2003-11-05 06:35 PM

Welcome to the site. this was very touching, delicate but painful. The last line in the second stanza: " I pray , my soul I haven’t already sold" I really felt this part, but you might want to rephrase it so that the ryhme with cold doesn't sound so forced. Maybe take out the already, it flows better that way.  
"Alcohol induced affection" the last couple lines of your poem hit really hard, I epecially loved the originality of this line. Nice job, hope to see more from you soon.
~Lex

ranidae_poet
since 2003-11-05
Posts 66
Texas,USA
2 posted 2003-11-05 09:51 PM

Hi there, thanks so much for you input on this poem...I m glad that i was able to make you feel some of what i was feeling at that moment..I have taken your advice and you are right...it does flow better with that one word taken out... I appreciate you taking the time to let me know what you think. bye for now

ranidae

There are only three beings worth of respect; the priest, the solider and the poet; To know, To Kill  and to create.

mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

3 posted 2003-11-06 08:34 AM

Lonely voices echo among  hollow ears
Their voices leave me empty
Cursed in my years -- nice lines, the entire write left me feeling--decisive. good write.

poe

If nothing is something
then everything is
our thoughts and feelings
and all that exists.

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
4 posted 2003-11-08 12:48 PM

this hurts
ranidae_poet
since 2003-11-05
Posts 66
Texas,USA
5 posted 2003-11-08 04:28 PM

MisticPoe and Shadow: thanks so much for stopping and taking time to read and comment on this one. When I re read it , it feels unfinished...I m not sure yet..any suggestions? if not..I shall leave it be..but it feels like I should have a stanza between the last two.. thanks again.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Night Life

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary