navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Pure Eve
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pure Eve Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx

0 posted 2004-11-14 03:22 AM

Melted hold of frozen fear
You slip

The ground tears and you slide
The pressure
Tense strangle of this thing you know

What I was
What am I
What are you

Just listen to her

Thick layer double decked secret
Friends

Doing the same thing a million times in a row will definitely affect your head.  Read and pratice and read and pratice and read and prati........ead a

© Copyright 2004 Kenneth Craig Rogers - All Rights Reserved
Purity
since 2001-11-20
Posts 526
Once Upon, USA
1 posted 2004-11-14 10:36 AM

Now we seem to be getting kwite abstract in our words of wisdom, Green! This was indeed a great, albeit unique write. Makes me wonder the poet's train of thought; makes me wonder what "she" said!
Intriguing indeed.

Wings bruised from turning away in such confined space...Not broken...still healable...still feathered with life, somewhere

EveGnosis
since 2002-02-21
Posts 300
New York, USA
2 posted 2004-11-14 10:59 AM

the precarious thing about being a reader of poetry, purity, is that you may never know exactly what the writer intended from his point of view. see, sometimes convictions are a double-edged sword. they tug at the heart. but, for me, i'd say you already know what her words were. why worry, hide and wonder? be honest, be yourself and quit wasting time with melodrama. you'd be surprised the outcome. but wait, what's life without all the melodrama? would make one's story so short that there would have to be a lot of stupid insurance and hamburger commercials to fill the void, right? god, she can be so blunt!
i understand, craig. at least i understand that this was awesome!
gnosis=knowledge and eve=me. go figure...

i'll always need a friend, one i can defend.

green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
3 posted 2004-11-14 03:43 PM

Yeah thats about right.  She is indeed blunt.  lol.  I can't remember, but did I ask you what your name meant.  I've been wondering about it for a little while.  

-GIS

Doing the same thing a million times in a row will definitely affect your head.  Read and pratice and read and pratice and read and prati........ead a

Purity
since 2001-11-20
Posts 526
Once Upon, USA
4 posted 2004-11-15 12:10 PM

Now her words sound a bit like a former capeside lady friend...
Hum...?
If we've been sharing, Eve, then I believe I understand the title of this one.
(Duh Purity! I know...lol)

Wings bruised from turning away in such confined space...Not broken...still healable...still feathered with life, somewhere

green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
5 posted 2004-11-15 12:14 PM

Purity, your head seems to have become as Eve.  Perhaps my feet have gotten a little muddy, and I'm sorry.  

-GIS

Purity
since 2001-11-20
Posts 526
Once Upon, USA
6 posted 2004-11-15 12:17 PM

There is nothing sorry about you, Green! You are most cool...
I was just lost... way lost...lol
You guys rock.

Hollow_Emptiness
since 2004-02-01
Posts 715
New Zealand
7 posted 2004-11-15 12:20 PM

A little confused, actually, but now I know what your name means...!!!!!
Great poem, I just want to jump on the bandwagon and say it too "Yes, she can be blunt."
Mmmm, hamburger commercials....I think after reading it twice, I like it better now.

Hollow.
Courtney.

I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad. The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. - Gary Jules, Mad World.

green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
8 posted 2004-11-15 12:24 PM

That one has so many layers to it.  Its like the closet to a bathroom found somewhere down the tracks of a subway.  

What my name means?

-GIS

EveGnosis
since 2002-02-21
Posts 300
New York, USA
9 posted 2004-11-15 12:41 PM

and no, greeny...i'm by no means mad. well, a lot of people think i am in the psycho sense...lol
i'm just basking in the ray of friendships!

*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
10 posted 2004-11-15 07:39 PM

*sigh*...great write!

~Alli~

*:.AIM = Alli4000.:*   My Journal
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened...

News_From_Nowhere
since 2002-06-14
Posts 173
CU, NY
11 posted 2004-11-15 11:32 PM

Depends on whether the "her" is Eve,
or someone the rest of us are clueless about.
Either way, there's a case for a closet here.
(AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH.....)
Sad that people ever, ever feel
they have to hide a part of thelselves.
I wanna be the first to go in that closet!
I'll waltz matilda as I guide you out.
If you love someone, be not ashamed, dammit!

"So give life to your dreams, for there lies your survival, and cast your heart beyond those faded scenes, and I'll bring you through the storm"

green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
12 posted 2004-11-15 11:43 PM

the her is not Eve, and the closet must have trap door or two.  

-GIS

EveGnosis
since 2002-02-21
Posts 300
New York, USA
13 posted 2004-11-16 12:37 PM

lol. did i say bold? lol
and now that pip-oscar "touche'" award purity was handing out must be given to you, green_freaky_stuff.
i am amused. i needed it tonight.

Hollow_Emptiness
since 2004-02-01
Posts 715
New Zealand
14 posted 2004-11-16 02:15 AM

No! Eve's name.

I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad. The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. - Gary Jules, Mad World.

green_itchy_stuff
since 2003-06-26
Posts 1929
New Caney, Tx
15 posted 2004-11-16 11:07 PM

I guess that is how you get attention.  Say something somewhat controversal and then when you say it do it abstract, and play it out.  lol.  Hooray!  I have recieved an award and my name has been altered a bit to fit.  lol.  

Courtney, that question was for Eve.  lol

-GIS

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Pure Eve

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary