navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #28 » Story of a ball (because it's Sunday)
Open Poetry #28
Post A Reply Post New Topic Story of a ball (because it's Sunday) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa

0 posted 2003-08-17 03:21 AM

A ball not curved but round and full spoke of many things, of womanhood, and sprit worlds, and what the future holds but in the air it gathered love till weighted it fell down into an open field overgrown and disarrayed by the games that people play.    

It rolled towards the right then paused to contemplate, assimilate, and discard, human perceptions of the truth and it looked up through the clouds into the blue of sky where pure love is acknowledged as an uplifting force and treasured like an antique or a leather-bound old book.

It waited for the wind and storms of true belief to return it once again to the freedom of the air but with the passing of the years sun marred its countenance and down the furrows of its cheeks flowed tears of true sadness.  Soon the sand turned to mud and spread across the earth infecting every living thing with seeds of earthly needs destined to germinate and sprout within a mind total unconcern for the tenderness of soul.

Suddenly the pain, suddenly dismay, suddenly a death not replaced with re-birth, and heaven closed its doors on the population growth.  Lightening, thunder, rightful wrath, and they all knew far too late what should have been remembered to secure eternal life.  But in the field the little ball felt pity for them all and summoned forth the God of love in the guise of you and I to procreate the world with music, song, and words, to help the fallen rise again and bang on heaven’s door.  

I’m only now on knees still heavy laden and held down by burdens of the world while internal energy imperceptibly pushes me where it will through the messages of dreams and through flutters of the heart unbecoming in old age.  But no inheritance awaits the weak and half asleep and I remain on knees unable to arise till paired, aligned, and hand in hand, with love’s uplifting force!  

Helen

© Copyright 2003 Helen - All Rights Reserved
BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
1 posted 2003-08-17 03:27 AM

Oh Helen.....bless you for this.

Yes, it's Sunday again!  Thank you sweet poetess~
I so love the way your pen flows.

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
2 posted 2003-08-17 04:09 AM

Hi, Bluesy!  I've missed so many Sundays - where does the time go?  However, it always brings me back again to the start of it all be it a week, a life, or love, and I can't wish for more.  Thanks for the read!
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
3 posted 2003-08-18 09:11 PM

Helen

You are so spirit filled...I'm bouncing the ball back into your corner.  

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
4 posted 2003-08-19 01:02 AM

And I caught it!!  Wonders of wonders!  Thanks for the read Martie.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #28 » Story of a ball (because it's Sunday)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary