navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » The sky is laced in green and purple trim
Open Poetry #26
Post A Reply Post New Topic The sky is laced in green and purple trim Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jennirey
since 2002-01-24
Posts 198
North Richland HillsTx

0 posted 2003-05-05 05:54 PM

I’ve looked for your face in the crowd for two years now, I searched high and Low, Not really seeking. Just looking for signs that you live.

Then you emerged, Guns drawn at what you think you left behind. You say the words that I longed for back in the yester-year. Your presence is one I wanted to breath. I thought I would never stop exhaling you.  But Now I cringe. Why, Why Now.

Could you have not stayed gone, lost to the wind Lost in the song that we used to sing?
Can you not grasp the pain this might cause me again. I let go of you my friend.

Now you are here lapping at my face like the flag on the pole, reminding me of all the Scenes we never played. I was happy. Stay there, I’m begging you. I could finally deal with your release from our light.

I feel like Flying, Soaring away out of here, Maybe I'll just leave you both guessing and no one would even know or even mind.

Sure I believe it again, And the sky is laced in green and purple trim.

Jennirey 2003

© Copyright 2003 Jennifer Reynoso - All Rights Reserved
rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA
1 posted 2003-05-05 06:31 PM

This was interestingly done.  Definately something I'm sure alot of ppl can relate to I liked.

Tara

"in my field of paper flowers
and candy clouds of lullaby
i lie inside myself for hours
and watch my purple sky fly over me"
- Imaginary by Evanes

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » The sky is laced in green and purple trim

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary