navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » Dream of You
Open Poetry #24
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dream of You Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
visitvenus
since 2002-12-30
Posts 101
PA, USA

0 posted 2002-12-30 10:30 AM

Dream of You

I dreamed a wonderful dream of you.The things we'd do, the places we’d go, the family we’d be.Always happy, never a tear.The love never faded, the excitement never died, the passion never subsided.

Then I awoke.I realized with sadness that I was back in reality.The fairy tale was just a dream and it was time to get back to life.Back to the drudgery, back to the loneliness, back to the uncertainty and the self-doubt.

A glimmer of hope still in my subconscious that dreams can come true.If we let them happen.If we don’t sabotage them with our expectations, our impatience, our desire.

I wondered if I had the strength to just go on. To hope that the dream would come true, without trying to make it happen.Without wondering if it was just the desire for the dream but not for the man in it.

The man with the boyish sweetness, the sincerity, the heart of pure gold.The man who could make me smile through the roughest of days.The man who made my toes tingle.The man who inspired me.

No, it’s not the dream I desire, it is the man.I don’t have to wish for dreams to come true. I only wish that this man can be true through good and bad, happiness and tears, faded love and renewal of love, excitement and boredom, passion and apathy.

It doesn’t have to be a fairy tale.It doesn’t have to be perfect.It has to be real. I have the strength for that.

[This message has been edited by visitvenus (12-30-2002 10:38 AM).]

© Copyright 2002 Laura Vito - All Rights Reserved
regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
1 posted 2002-12-30 10:34 AM

And....I'm sure he will, too.

Nice write. ~welcome to passions~
Warm regards, Pat

..without surrender, be on good terms with all persons..
        "Desiderata"

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2002-12-30 10:49 AM

A glimmer of hope still in my subconscious that dreams can come true.If we let them happen.If we don’t sabotage them with our expectations, our impatience, our desire.
Exactly. Well done! Welcome to the blue poetry pages!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » Dream of You

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary