navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » Nonsense
Open Poetry #22
Post A Reply Post New Topic Nonsense Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lita
since 2002-07-28
Posts 4

0 posted 2002-08-21 07:30 PM

Someone help me, this is a plea,
if I don't get help i will cease to be,
I can't take all the stress and the pain,
I have tried and now I admit I failed,
I was strong and fought away the tears,
I have kept everyone happy for years and years,
now it my turn to have a long rest,
for all said and done I know its for the best,
time to wave good bye to the agony and the pain,
but I love my mum and for me to do this would kill her,
so stop! stop all the nonsense get back on your feet,
till the next time when I will sob and all this repeat.

© Copyright 2002 Lita - All Rights Reserved
EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
1 posted 2002-08-21 07:47 PM

lita..
this touches close to home for me, somewhat..
if it wasnt for family, scuicide would become a very real option for me as well..
regardless of whether or not it all works out in the end (which, by the way, DOES), it just wouldnt be a very considerate avenue to engage.. i suppose it all depends on your point of view and whatnot.. whether this point of view is directed to what really matters in life

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
2 posted 2002-08-21 09:27 PM

Please, both of you call the suicide hot line or a pastor. Please.

God loves you, He gave Himself up for you, you are worth much because God doesn't make junk!

Whether on the shoal or on the shore,
I'll seek the lighthouse evermore.

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
3 posted 2002-08-21 09:31 PM

Lita
Only the tree that bends survives the storm.
Well done.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2002-08-22 02:29 AM

Strong poem and boy have I seen folks in this situation, so stressed to the max and thinking there is no light at the end of the tunnel.  I guess all one can do is hold onto the end of thier rope with both hands really tight, take a deep breath, calm themself down however long it takes, and then pick up the phone.  Talking to a friend, family member, or someone you trust sure helps, as getting it out and sharing it always takes a huge load off the pile.  Welcome to Passions and this was a good example of how love of family will still be the glue that keeps us all going no matter how unglued we become.  

The most valuable thing you own is a smile, wear it, and share it.
Sharon    

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2002-08-22 07:01 AM

One nice thing about poetry, Lita, is that it allows us to explore our feelings, be adventurous, write of things we would never think to share with others as we secret ourselves behind a name and find out if anyone can read our true message.  As we get to know people, we know when they are exploring, and when they are truly hurting.

I do hope this is an exploration of poetry on your part, and that you are truly all right.  Looking forward to reading more of your "on target" poetry!

WhiteRose
Member Elite
since 2002-07-23
Posts 3208
somebody's dungeon
6 posted 2002-08-22 09:03 AM

Oh how well we all know this feeling. We give until we just want to "give up." You have captured that desperation in your poem.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » Nonsense

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary