navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Two days, One Night
Open Poetry #20
Post A Reply Post New Topic Two days, One Night Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Hallucination
since 2001-03-18
Posts 419

0 posted 2002-04-13 07:08 PM

Two days, One Night.
© 2001 Brian Eggertsen, All Rights Reserved

I kissed you said goodbye before you left You had a conference to attend Some important business to discuss You had to leave for the weekend You stepped on board the train Said I shouldn't worry Had a flashback containing pain But thought Things would be fine 'cause You said I love you and I'll see you soon But soon isn't soon enough Cause

Two days, one night Is the most I've ever been away from you
And I can barely stand it Because when I, I breathe in it gets harder to feel you too I Just don't know what to do I'm way off track I won't you home I won't you back It  sickens me to be alone, Two days, one night Is long enough

So many times I've been thinking about Getting in the car and just drive Until I was back inside your arms it would prob'ly start a fight I know how important This is for your future But I really need you to mend This shattered heart of mine 'cause I've never felt so apart and broken worse then not paying the rent 'Cause

And I can barely stand it Because when I, I breathe in it gets harder to feel you too I Just don't know what to do I'm way off track I won't you home I won't you back It  sickens me to be alone, Two days, one night Is long enough

I can't wait to be in the same room as you To feel your cheek against mine To taste you sweet lips again Then everything will be fine and I can sleep with a smile again
'Cause I don't have to worry about you You're inside my reach
You're in the air I breathe But until then I'm missing you beyond missed 'Cause

© Copyright 2002 Brian Eggertsen - All Rights Reserved
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
1 posted 2002-04-13 07:52 PM

Interesting...James
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2002-04-13 09:31 PM

(big hugggsssssss) Oh Brian, this is such a heartbreaking poem of loves yearning and reunion, sweet friend, I hope soon she comes back and will always be with you far longer than two days and one night! (sigh) This is powerful, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Brian, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Two days, One Night

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary