navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Hesitation
Open Poetry #20
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hesitation Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Magicmystery
since 2002-02-13
Posts 821
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2002-05-05 03:29 AM

Hesitation

Too many times,
I've run into the new,
And tried to leave
What has passed far behind.
But then I find too soon,
I've tried too hard to forget,
And the very things I fear,
Happen again in time.

A torn soul now hesitates,
Now stands a line,
Between the dark of night,
And the light of day,
Between moving on again,
Regardless of what might be,
And lingering, afraid to move,
Not knowing what to say.

A poem from my shy days.... Written to my husband when I was trying then to tell him that I liked him... May, 1985
Thanks to Midnightsun's post "when you stop to think about it" for reminding me of this one.... Atleast I had the boldness to pass it to my intended that time..... Thank God!!! Or I doubt he would be my husband now!!!!

Sherry

Cherish the good memories past and look forward to the adventure called Tomorrow.
But above all... be kind to yourself today.

© Copyright 2002 Sherry Lynn Gardner - All Rights Reserved
Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
1 posted 2002-05-05 08:54 AM

Sherry darling girl this is utterly utterly wonderful I love the flow in this one. Excellent writing skills, really lovely

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

To give light to them that sit in darkness..... to guide our feet into the way of peace Luke 2:79

[This message has been edited by Marsha (05-05-2002 08:55 AM).]

ShadowRider
since 2001-07-14
Posts 1038
USA
2 posted 2002-05-05 09:07 AM

MysterySherry,
a divine providence it is,
when the Gift is offered of love,
and so glad for you that the hesitation
was only momentary.  Beautifully spoken, Sherry.
tSR *s*

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2002-05-05 09:46 AM

sweet, and hard to believe, but I have a shy streak. (WELL IT'S TRUE--I am imagining the laughter throughout the forum here)

Sometimes I think I will say anything to avoid saying how I really feel. Touching poetry, and a touching story to go with it. And a happy ending too. Gotta love it.

Elan
since 2002-05-03
Posts 382
State of Wide Eye
4 posted 2002-05-05 09:48 AM

"Shy" is something more of us have dealt with than we would let on.  But once we are almost past it, we become more human, I think.  And I say almost, because those who know shy, know it never really goes away.  We just work a little harder...

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
5 posted 2002-05-05 11:25 AM

LOL@serenity!  Great write Sherry....
And a good thing you overcame that shyness.
Now, I don't think I ever have been...shy that is.
Really didn't have much choice in the matter with my upbringing...
Even in affairs of the heart... I'm quite outspoken, oh dear...Sherry, tell me 'nuff said',
Nancy's muse is starting to ramble.
Excellent write with beautiful flow.
~Hugs~

~Somewhere in my heart I'm always
dancing with you in the summer rain~

Magicmystery
since 2002-02-13
Posts 821
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
6 posted 2002-05-05 03:13 PM

Marsha~~~Thank you for the compliment... means a lot to me.

Jeff~~~I love it when people make hills (and other shapes) from their words... A hill to be overcome.... Shyness that is... and thank you for the compliment.... P.S. Shadows are one of my favourite motercycles.... I used to ride one!!!

Elan~~~I couldn't agree with you more.... I work with the public.... and I can be quite a card... but it is great therapy... But I am still not OVER it completely.

Serenity~~~I still have a shy streak... we all do in some way. I can believe it.

Nancy~~~Dear, I love it when you ramble.... Leaves a big smile on my face.... You know the story... as unbelievable as it seems... and as for your lack of shyness.... I think my son was blessed that way.... And I am glad that he will never suffer the trauma of being afraid to tell someone he likes them.

Love, Light and Peace,

Sherry

Cherish the good memories past and look forward to the adventure called Tomorrow.
But above all... be kind to yourself today.

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
7 posted 2002-05-05 05:40 PM

(smiles) Oh Sherry, this is wonderful, sweet friend, I can understand how it must feel to want to tell someone how you love them so much yet you feel so shy at first! (kiss on cheek) This is wonderful, sweet friend, may you and your love forever share true happiness together, this is fantastic, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Sherry, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Hesitation

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary