navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » The Pain (my answer)
Open Poetry #20
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Pain (my answer) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC

0 posted 2002-04-28 09:17 PM

The Pain

The pain you have caused over the years, is something none of us will ever forget
You say that you are sorry now, and so full of regret
You tore our family literally in two
Never did you stop, to think of what your actions would do

Through the years growing up as your sister, I was in constant aim of your rage and pain
However, I never changed how I felt about you...I loved you just the same
You always have been on a plan of self destruction
Always following your own plan, I think you came with your own self instructions

You chose drugs and violence, over your family and love
Never did you realise, how many prayers for you have been sent above
I don't think you truly care about anyone but yourself, I'm not sure that's even true
The hate you radiate from your core, burns and destroys everything including you

You've asked me to be in your wedding, stating you're sorry for all you've done
Do you know how you broke Daddy's heart and Mom's in heaven, no instead you chose to run
Off to another coast, you thought you could start your life anew
I had hoped things would change, that you would come terms to with you

You've scarred my heart forever, with the endless lies you told me to my face
I have always loved you though, begging God to send you some of his love and grace
But you don't believe in Him, if you did you'd change your ways today
Instead though you think you can erase everything, by the pretty words you say

I'm faced with a decision to make, to not be in your wedding or to be
You're waiting for my answer, as I search inside for the answer that will set me free
Tears fall down my face on this evening of sweet April spring
I had no idea all the pain your question would to me bring

I don't know what to say, how to think, or what to feel
I know you don't understand this pain, but I assure you it's most definitely real
I think before I give you an answer, you need to look deep inside your heart and be brave
You need to go see Mama, speak to her, ask her for forgiveness at her grave

Someday Linda, you will realise the pain and hurt you have caused to those around you
I just hope it won't be too late to erase the pain of blue
Though I'll always love you, I can't promise you I'll be there on your wedding day
I know you want me as your maid of honor, but my answer is I don't know what to say

"you can't stop
the rain
from pouring down
can't stop the
world from turning 'round
can't stop me from
loving you
no matter
what you do"

[This message has been edited by Aimster (04-28-2002 09:34 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Amy Kennedy - All Rights Reserved
Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
1 posted 2002-04-28 09:35 PM

Amy,

About a world's worth of feelings within this
powerful poem.  

Makes one angry, confused and also feel guilt
because of uncertainty and one very big
little word....L.O.V.E.!!!

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2002-04-28 10:10 PM

(tears fall down my cheeks) Oh Amy, this is so very heartwrenching, I hope Linda can have the heart to forgive you as I know you will always love her deep down and somehow while the pain will forever be with her and her parents and you, she can somehow make it up to you and your family! (big hugggsssss) I know this kind of feeling ever so much, sweet friend, my heart and thought sare with you! God Bless You, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Amy, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
3 posted 2002-04-28 10:22 PM

Amy,
Life is too complicated. Too bad we can't stop the world and just get off for a little while. Nobody can decide for but wish I could bear your pain. Courage friend!

It's never too late to have a good childhood! Woohoo!

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
4 posted 2002-04-29 11:29 AM

Amy darling lil sis of my heart oh my the emotion and the power of this piece. Truly you have let it out in a torrent of release, rarely if ever have I read anything that is so all encompassing so totally clear of the dilemma you face. I wish darling heart I could do more than send you a hug and my wishes and thoughts of support. Which of course I do send, with all my love, you’ll notice I don’t offer to bear the pain for you, because this is your decision, what I do say is I’m there right with you, aiding and supporting you always in whatever.

Wonderful writing darling highly charged with the emotions that you describe so very well.

love you lil sis

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

To give light to them that sit in darkness..... to guide our feet into the way of peace Luke 2:79

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2002-04-29 02:57 PM

I have experienced some similar feelings...being involved with a woman who's passion was drugs...she was a very selfish woman that had no thoughts of how she was affecting those around her that cared for her...however when they find the strength to pull away from their addiction they change dramatically...although slowly...it is a long process and requires someone to believe in them...James
Interloper
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-06
Posts 8369
Deep in the heart
6 posted 2002-04-29 03:00 PM

Therapeudic write, I hope.

Sven
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
7 posted 2002-04-29 03:04 PM

there is a time where we must forget the pain of the past, and heal for the future. . . I know that you will make the right decision my friend. . . for you have the right heart. . . well written and thoughtful. . .

peace. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
8 posted 2002-04-30 07:53 PM

Amy~ I read the torment in your poem and it tugged at my heart.  I hope you will find the answer that brings you peace of mind, and one that you can live with...if there is one.  Hugs to you Amy~  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » The Pain (my answer)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary