navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Hill
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hill Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ski*Chick
since 2001-01-13
Posts 141
Fitchburg, Mass, Usa

0 posted 2001-07-10 02:00 PM

Hill
As I sit here looking at old pictures
I come across one
It makes me sad
Because I lost this person he was my boyfriend
I let him go
He let me go
We went our own ways
He graduated
He has his own girlfriend now
He doesn’t email IM or me
It hurts to see him loving someone else
I said let’s keep in touch that’s an old saying
He doesn’t want to me to talk to him
He thinks he’s all that
I wish he knew that I still care
He was a great friend until someone else loved him
Everything went down hill from there
It was like a ball rolling down a hill
If you don’t catch it in time it’s gone
That’s how our friendship went
Either of us wanted to catch it before it’s gone
Now it’s gone like the ball is
I wish I could bring his friendship back into our lives
But will that happen?
Minna
July 10, 2001

Maybe some people just aren't meant to be in our lives forever. Maybe some people are just passing through... it's like some people just come through our lives to bring us something: a gift, a blessing, a lesson we need to learn, and that's why they're here...you'll have that gift forever. Then he began to think of all the things

Some people come into our lives and go quickly. Some people stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. We are never ever the same.

© Copyright 2001 Minna - All Rights Reserved
Heavens Tears
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-03-15
Posts 677

1 posted 2001-07-10 03:07 PM

I think you forgot to end your footnote, but thats OK.  It was a wonderful poem, so full of emotion.  Sometimes you find little hooks that make you hang on to the past, and it is so hard to get rid of them.  Well, it was a great poem anyway.

*Amanda*
I need more time to find the real me...
to fly like the birds... to be set free.

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

2 posted 2001-07-10 08:45 PM

your poems touch me...as this one has also...you have wrote this very well..esp explaining this hill and etc...i really liked this poem ..and the after-thought is true and made me think

[This message has been edited by anonymous albert ? (edited 07-10-2001).]

Ski*Chick
since 2001-01-13
Posts 141
Fitchburg, Mass, Usa
3 posted 2001-07-10 09:43 PM

it hurts too look at pictures, it hurts to see him dating my friend. i'm going on a date on Saturday with Eric, we are going to see a movie and dinner..

Some people come into our lives and go quickly. Some people stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. We are never ever the same.

CwboyAtHeart
since 2001-04-14
Posts 541
Selah, WA, USA
4 posted 2001-07-10 11:18 PM

It hurts to see a person you really care about be with somebody else...  Especially when they totally ditch you to be with them all the time.  I thought you expressed this well.  Good job.

- Cody -

If Pigs Can Fly, So Can I!!!

If someboy laughs at me, does that make me funny or just plain stupid?

Empty tears
since 2001-03-12
Posts 64

5 posted 2001-07-11 12:28 PM

This is so sad. Most people probably have had similar feelings.Great work.

Death is but an escape from loneliness

fozzyozzy
since 2001-03-15
Posts 336
Lessburg Virginia
6 posted 2001-07-11 12:34 PM

It always sucks to see the person you care about ditch you for a mutual friend(or even an enemy) This hits home except from the guy's perspective.  But close enough and a good job.

"and Death i think is no paranthesis"-e.e. cummings

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2001-07-11 04:15 AM

Minna, awesome job on the poem. I really liked it, but what caught my eye is what you said at the end.....so true and it's something I've never realized. Thank you.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
8 posted 2001-07-23 09:38 AM

hey Minna, I'm sure you'll find someone who will really love you and treat you like the princess that you are.  *hugs*

hi Sweets, Lizzy, Kris, Ina, Erin, Erica, Minna, Kit, Kamie, Javi, Jenn, Sharon, Nan, Cawlee, Cherish, Ashley, Sara, Justine, Leah, Jess, Kimmie, Mare

DarkenedShadow
since 2001-07-23
Posts 114
Kansas
9 posted 2001-07-23 12:44 PM

I've always been fond of poems like these. In a way I feel closer to a person who has a pain, this one is a truth that i hope that i won't have to face myself, but you know how it can be... its all denial. Excellent work. /Nick/
Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
10 posted 2001-07-24 12:03 PM

I liked the poem alot, Minna. You always write in such a raw form. It shows your emotions perfectly.
The footnote at the end really got to me though. I've heard that before...but I've never had it written down fo rme. I read it over and over again....and although it's upseting me,it alsom aking me realize things that needed to be seen. So ya- I appreciate that.
Again- I enjoyed the read. You did a wonderful job.  

Ski*Chick
since 2001-01-13
Posts 141
Fitchburg, Mass, Usa
11 posted 2001-07-25 06:18 PM

Now he's my friend his girl friend IMED me the other day.. So maybe our friendship is coming back to us I hope so.. Because he has helped me so much when my dad died he was there for me, when I'd cry he'd hold me until I was okay..
The last day that he was at my school I cryed because I could take it. So he said come here Min he hugged me just like before. He said don't give up in the world please I said I won't. The next day at school it wasn't the same without him because I missed him..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Hill

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary