navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » I almost died tonight
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic I almost died tonight Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California

0 posted 2001-11-25 04:03 AM

I almost died tonight,
But for some reason I didn't.

Now I'm sitting here left wondering,
Why god spared my life.

My car did a 360 and ran into a tree,
And my sholder broke the window but I'm ok.

I've never been so scared in my life,
My life flashed before my eyes.

All I could think about was how this could be happening,
And how I might never be able to see anyone again.

But when I got out of the car I felt guilty,
Knowing I probably should be dead.

So now I'm left here wondering if I'll ever be the same,
Because I truelly don't think I will be.
  Lauren

Tonight when I was going to my friends work I was making a turn and my car hydroplained and did a 360 and went up over a curb into a tree and my sholder shattered the driver's side window.My car isn't totalled so it can get fixed but emotionally and mentally I'm messed up.THe wied and scary part is I had a dream last night that I got in a car accident. All I know is I should be dead right now.

© Copyright 2001 TopGunLauren - All Rights Reserved
Zengo
since 2001-05-27
Posts 31
Rogersville, AL
1 posted 2001-11-25 04:46 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that, but at least your ok....I've had the samething happen to me before...Dream it then it happened the next day...Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Nick

gymnast
since 2001-11-18
Posts 80
Scotland.
2 posted 2001-11-25 07:39 AM

Wow!That poem is really deep!Sorry it had to be about a true life experience!Glad your ok though!
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
3 posted 2001-11-25 12:12 PM

If you aren't dead, then it means you're supposed to stick around for a bit longer. Hang in there.  

God bless America, my home sweet home.

EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
4 posted 2001-11-25 01:17 PM

Yeah.. i dont think you SHOULD be dead for any reason.. because I dont think It's your time, Lauren. Just a freak accident, man! Those things happen.. Dont let the movies scare you into thinking death is chasing you now.. because it's not.. only paranoia. Thank the good lord that your life was saved.. I've recently just started to drive myself.. (siiighhh)
Knight of Secrecy
since 2001-10-12
Posts 113
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2001-11-25 05:19 PM

Damm, this is incredible. Deja Vu! I  can relate.Can you K.Rebel? lol. I hope everything turns out alright.

-C.M.

"I feel the sting of an insignificant wasp, and yet,  I fear that I am alergic"

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
6 posted 2001-11-30 06:54 PM

GET WELL SOON!!!
just happy you're okay  

là où est mon amour?
donde está mi amour?
wo ist meine Liebe?

vixengrl04
since 2001-04-26
Posts 495
East Haddam, CT
7 posted 2001-11-30 09:01 PM

Oh wow thats really freaky...I would be scared ****less!!  But as much as you feel like you should be dead right now, there's a word 4 why you're not: MIRACLE!!!  Events like these really make us look at our life from a different perspective.  

~*Nikki*~

*~Fighting for your love~*
    *~Is something I cannot do~*
   *~I'm not good enough to win~*
*~And I'm not strong enough to lose~*

K. Rebel
since 2001-10-21
Posts 40
San Juan, PR
8 posted 2001-12-01 12:21 PM

Damn yeah I can relate the title only gave me Deja Vu. Anyways a lesson I learned is that I am not dead because my life is not complete and if you didnt its because of the same thing. Anyways a great poem in a simple way of putting it.
TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
9 posted 2001-12-01 03:10 AM

Normally I don't reply to my own poems but I feel I need too.Ever since I posted this all week I've had to talk about what happened to everyone I know and it's like a constant reminder of how I should be dead.And people say it was a miracle or that it wasn't my time to go.But I should be dead and in a way sort of with I was.Because living with knowing that I should be is killing me in other ways.But I just don't know anymore.
  LAuren

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » I almost died tonight

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary