navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » D.C. Bound
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic D.C. Bound Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
CwboyAtHeart
since 2001-04-14
Posts 541
Selah, WA, USA

0 posted 2001-10-24 12:17 PM

Howdy Howdy.  Like, last June I went on a trip with a big group of people to Washington D.C.  Obviously that was before all the attacks and stuff...  But we saw pretty much all there was to see in DC, which was really fun and educational.  Anywho, this is what I wrote on the plane ride back home from DC.  I gave it to our leader, and she read it at our closing meeting for the group.  Lemme know what ya think, it's not great, I wrote it off the top of my head on an airplane, so what can you expect?lol  

D.C. BOUND

Flying in an airplane
High above the clouds
America has been through hard times
Its freedom it had to gain

We've had some fun
And we have learned a lot
Where we've begun and where we've gone
Is now known to everyone

Here in the sky
I reflect the last six days
I have learned what Ameica is
And have no need to ask why

I finally realize
How we all came together
I've finally seen a lot
With my own eyes

We will all continue to grow
There's still problems
There will still be war
But the past is something
That we all should know;
And never let it go

- Cody -

Note To Self:  If Pigs Can Fly, So Can I!!!

If someboy laughs at me, does that make me funny or just plain stupid?  

© Copyright 2001 C.K.N. - All Rights Reserved
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
1 posted 2001-10-26 02:09 PM

Well hun for writing it just off the top of your head this is pretty good!!! LoL   I thought this was nice that you wrote this down so you can look back on it and remember all your thoughts on your ride home...nice job  

ShE'S nOt ThE kInDa GiRL..WhO lIkeS tO tElL tHe WorLd AbOuT tHe Way She FEEL'S aBouT hErSelf...ShE tAkEs a LiTtLe TiMe In MakIn uP hEr MiNd..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » D.C. Bound

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary