navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Esoteric Scorn
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Esoteric Scorn Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Knight of Secrecy
since 2001-10-12
Posts 113
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2001-10-14 09:46 PM

My heart is shedding your love
the tears condensed in my lungs
sleeping time is over, dying time is done,
your sword has frozen,
the years have turned away, the memories have died

threw time, life has forgotten
their dying babies, crying on the streets
dying in your eyes, living in your minds,
glowing inspiration has faded
lost & turned to gray

The void must be filled
with the sands of time
so that the shadow will be unliftable,
a disease that's uncurable.
You may never notice
my esoteric scorn.

This one sucks a little.

© Copyright 2001 Carlos Machado - All Rights Reserved
Zukene_Chic
since 2001-09-26
Posts 152
Cali
1 posted 2001-10-14 10:16 PM

I like it. In all honesty, it really doesnt suck. The gothic-touch is really nice.
Knight of Secrecy
since 2001-10-12
Posts 113
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2001-10-15 05:33 PM

Well, you're right, it doesn't suck but what I meant its that I don't like it that much.

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2001-10-15 06:13 PM

We usually criticize our own work more than others
I though it was really impressive
you do have a way with words
thanks for sharing

hi Sweets ,  Lizzy ,  Jesa ,  Ina ,  Allysa ,  Marie ,  Cherish ,  Jenn ,  Minna ,  Chelsea ,  Leah ,  Kimmie ,  Ashley ,  Smurfy ,  Alexia ,  Kamie ,  Kari ,  Nan ,  Sea ,   Javi ,  Zu ,  Lml ,  Albertia ,  Linc ,  Jesse ,    

rolly_polly
since 2001-10-10
Posts 41
puerto rico
4 posted 2001-10-23 05:46 PM

Hey Carlos! Thanx for sharing this poem with us, i thought it was great!..i love the choice of words  ..and NO you don't suck!!

~parallel universe~

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
5 posted 2001-10-23 05:50 PM

Hmm... this one was different, yes, but it doesn't suck. I think that we see so much happy stuff around here and so much stuff about love, that anything different is looked on (by the people who write it) as something that's not as good. But it IS good, and it's very cool!

It takes more work to love myself than to love others... I guess that explains it, eh?

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2001-10-23 08:18 PM

Very well done. One can often be the harshest critic of his poetry, so don't be too down on yourself about this one. It's not the best i've read, but very well done anyhow. You have a way with words.  

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
7 posted 2001-10-23 10:27 PM

wooooooooooo! i liked this one a lot actually, the title caught my eye, but i dont think it fit in well with the end of the poem*shrugs* thats just me..loved the imagery within this piece you did a VERY good job of that i must say. keep writing poet...

"......",said the wise mute.

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
8 posted 2001-10-24 08:00 AM

This one definately doesnt suck...i think it portrayed reality and spoke the truth...how could that ever suck?? Great job hun...keep em comin

ShE'S nOt ThE kInDa GiRL..WhO lIkeS tO tElL tHe WorLd AbOuT tHe Way She FEEL'S aBouT hErSelf...ShE tAkEs a LiTtLe TiMe In MakIn uP hEr MiNd..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Esoteric Scorn

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary