navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Blistered Tear
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Blistered Tear Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA

0 posted 2001-07-03 11:35 AM

As I shed
This blistered tear
I have no thoughts
I have no fear
I come across this
Every year
But in the end
I feel so queer
Isolated
With no one near
Or just one friend
So close to hear
My lonely cry
To keep her near
But then my words
Upon her ear
Fall oh so short
That fact is clear
What should I do
For her my dear
To win her love’s
Triumphant cheer
I do not know

G. A. Webb

Regret not that which you have done,
Rather that which you haven't

© Copyright 2001 G. A. Webb - All Rights Reserved
Dark Kisses
since 2001-06-24
Posts 364
Flat lands of Kansas
1 posted 2001-07-03 01:00 PM

Geesh! This one is almost like you entered my heart and mind right about now.  I am going through this right now.  But I came to realize that I cant win his heart. He either gives it to me or he doesnt.  I am me, so he either loves me for who I am or he moves away.  To my broken heart, it seems he moved on.  But I shall once again wake up with the sun shining on my face and keep living.  My favorite quote  ... *No person is worth your tears and the only one that is, will never make you cry!*

Great read,
Mags

Don't fear your tears!

G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA
2 posted 2001-07-05 11:02 AM

Dark Kisses: I'm sorry to hear that you can relate to this poem but I'm glad you liked it at the same time. When I wrote this I was really drunk and was missing somebody I like alot. The problem is that the woman I had in mind when I wrote this lives in England. That wouldn't be so bad if I didn't live in California...lol...oh well. I always seem to go for that which I can't have. Anyways, thank you for reading this piece and I wish you the very best of luck. Take care.

G

Regret not that which you have done,
Rather that which you haven't

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Blistered Tear

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary