navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » this is one of the days. . .
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic this is one of the days. . . Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA

0 posted 2001-04-17 08:53 PM

this is one of the days
that I wish I wasn't an Empath
the emotions are just too much to take
they fill every part of my being
too many emotions from too many souls
crying out for help and release

my body cries out for relief
but there is none
the emotions become too much to bear
and I find that I shut out even those
that love me

my soul is heavy
          my heart is split
                    and my body is weak

this is the way of the Empath
I just wish that it wasn't such a hard one

------------------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

© Copyright 2001 John Garcia - All Rights Reserved
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
1 posted 2001-04-17 09:33 PM

Wish you weren't feeling this way, but you are. Sweet John, being an empath is one thing, but you should still learn not to let it overtake you. You're not a doormat for the hardships of the other people in the world.   Once in a while, my friend, you need to be heard too. Remember that, and remember your friends when you need as much.  

Aside from that..This is expressive work. I'm glad you have your writing for tims like these.
((HUGS))

still d-i-s-c-o-n-n-e-c-t-e-d
I am bound by this, you see...to become Night's sole mistress, and I am jealous in my endeavours for his attention.

Suetang
Member Ascendant
since 2001-03-07
Posts 5187
Melbourne, Australia
2 posted 2001-04-17 10:41 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your sadness Sven and I can relate very well to what you are saying.  When I first started writing poetry 3 months ago I became emotionally drained and so overwhelmed with the things I had written and from things I had read...I still get that way sometimes but emotions are such a good quality I think and I hope the sun shines again for you soon.  Take care...Sue

Suetang

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
3 posted 2001-04-18 01:11 AM

We mightn't like it hon but it is the way of the empath.  The secret is to deburden oneself when on overload.  Get away - physically and/or emotionally.  You may not be able to have a holiday, but what about a good forest walk, with a picnic lunch, just you to get in touch with yourself again.  Take a pen and paper and write inspired poetry there.
The burden's may be heavy at present but you have friends willing to listen all around you.. *hugs*
Isis

*War produces one thing - Cemetaries. And in cemetaries there are no enemies!*
~Isis~~Sovereign of the Spirit.

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

4 posted 2001-04-18 02:46 AM

The force is strong within you my friend!

Nice writing Sven...had to understand sometimes isn't it...feeling so much.

K

All obscurity starts with a danger:
Your dangers are many. I
Cannot look much but your form suffers
Some strange injury
Sylvia Plath

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
5 posted 2001-04-18 07:07 AM

lean on me, let your weakness feed on my strength, for I have leaned on you and now this is how we survive
Kethry

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
6 posted 2001-04-18 10:58 AM

I believe tomorrow will be a better day for you Sven...James
Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
7 posted 2001-04-18 07:41 PM

Temptress, thank you. . . somedays are just harder than others. . . this is one of them. . . and I am glad to have my friends here and my writing to get me through them. . .  

Sue, sorry that you can relate. . . I know that emotions are a good thing. . . but they can be a lot to deal with sometimes. . . thanks for reading. . .

Isis, my kindred friend, I know that you understand my fellow Empath. . . and I'm better today. . . you know me. . . always taking everything on. . . thank you my friend. . .  

K, yes, it is hard to understand. . . some days you wish that you could be cold to it all. . . kind of like the Vulcans from Star Trek you know???  Devoid of emotion. . . but there are other days where you would miss the feeling that you get when you find love. . . thanks  

Kethry, indeed this is how we survive. . . without each other, we would indeed fall into that abyss and never come back. . . thank you my friend. . .

James, I hope that you're right my friend. . . it's going ok so far. . . thanks. . .  

---------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
8 posted 2001-04-18 08:25 PM

Hopefully today - another day later - you are feeling better Sven...?

*War produces one thing - Cemetaries. And in cemetaries there are no enemies!*
~Isis~~Sovereign of the Spirit.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » this is one of the days. . .

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary