navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Furious
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Furious Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
firejerm
since 2000-06-13
Posts 217
Springfield, OH, good ol USA

0 posted 2001-02-04 05:29 PM

Due to its non-poetic content, this post has been moved to the Alley.  It can be found there for further comment.

Nancy

© Copyright 2001 Jeremy T. Sellers - All Rights Reserved
Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas
1 posted 2001-02-04 05:47 PM

I agree with ya Jeremy.  The piece that was taken out was very real.  It didnt actually talk about cutting wrists ect ect.  It was more of a *mind* thing to me.  So many read poems in so many different ways.  What the writer meant when writing it could be taken as something else by each reader.  
Hmmmmmm what to do what to do ....

Mags

Scarlet Lady
since 2000-02-11
Posts 242
Midwest
2 posted 2001-02-04 06:07 PM

I believe it is one thing to "glorify" a subject and another to "deal" with it.  I felt your poem was appropriately dealing with it in showing  the reality, but NEVER once glorified it in anyway.  I really feel like this was a bad judgment call to yank this piece.  I too have seen some very questionable poetry go untouched,  while others were taken off?  Puzzling....hmmmmmmmmm?  I think that you are right concerning the nature of this forum being "mature".  I know that I have many times had to write something differently just so I could post it.  It would be a darker room if it were true to it's name and no censorship remained!  I stand with you on this one, and hope they hear you and NOT shut you out!  It will be a shame if they do! I for one think you have voiced the opinion of many here!  

[This message has been edited by Scarlet Lady (edited 02-04-2001).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Furious

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary