navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » OK, Ok...I'm a POET?
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic OK, Ok...I'm a POET? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Scarlet Lady
since 2000-02-11
Posts 242
Midwest

0 posted 2001-02-03 11:25 PM

OK,   Ok...I'm  a  POET?

Gezzzzzzzzzzzz
You think,  I am SO heavy!
I only express "IT",  to get "IT" out!!
Why can't you just accept that?
No,  you read TOO much into "IT"
You flatter yourself too much
You WILL,   to find a reason to believe
That YOUR the reason behind the rhyme!
Every solitary written time
The method to MY madness!
You think is caused by YOUR sadness?

Yeah...... RIGHT!
Just chill....
sit back,  and read between the lines
You will eventually see!
See,   who  I am
Years of pain expressed
Not just ours!

So,  sit back......
look at the REAL me
Realize this is who *I* am
In this written MOMENT!!!
Expression exemplified!
To live in my OWN crazy world
For MY way,  written to find!

So realize,  when I write
it is for ME
NOT for YOU only!
Even though I choose to share
Just so,   I may  live on
to let ME  grow with my pain
And my heart felt overjoy! haha!

That is what makes ME write
and let's ME face tomorrow
So never take ME too seriously

UNLESS......I tell you too!!

I am just a poet
I can get way too blue
and crazy too!!!!!
A manic for the ZOO!!
For everyone and anyone
including YOU!

My words though ring true!
For I am poet.....

Through and through!

[This message has been edited by Scarlet Lady (edited 02-04-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Lynne - All Rights Reserved
Baby G
since 2001-01-28
Posts 39
Australia
1 posted 2001-02-04 05:35 AM

Wow a great tribute to poets, very good indeed!  And your right poetry is only for the writer!!  Well done
Skoota
since 2000-12-23
Posts 28
Australia
2 posted 2001-02-04 05:56 AM

I have to disagree with you G. Poetry is not always only for the writer. In fact, most of mine is to be shared with others. It's the only way I can express myself some times.

Anyway, a good poem.

I'll shut up now

Sim

Come to me
Kill for me
Worship me.
Follow everthing I do
Act it out before me

Godhead - The Reckoning

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...
3 posted 2001-02-04 06:06 AM

I like your thoughts here, though I do feel Poetry is for the writer as well as the reader, we all get what we need from the words. Take care!

" I have seen without perceiving
I have been another man
Let me pierce the realm of glamour
So I know just what I am"....Dweller on the Threshold,

Scarlet Lady
since 2000-02-11
Posts 242
Midwest
4 posted 2001-02-04 08:39 AM

Thanks for your replies!  I guess I was not REALLY saying that poetry is ONLY for the poet.  It was more of an *expression* of how sometimes we can just be writing something, simply to write "IT".  We do not always need "true" life experiences to write!  As poets...... something can just hit us.....an idea let's say, and we can write!  However, when we do write, people can automatically assume that the piece is speaking from experience or current situations.  Make sense?  I hope so....after all I am just a poet!  
DreadedLiver
since 2001-01-23
Posts 56
Alter, Ego
5 posted 2001-02-04 02:12 PM

I totally agree with you that poetry is only for the poet, but sometimes someone relates to it well... which kind of makes it special to them. Thanks for the read, you have an unique style.

Jeremy

"zzzIzzzAMzzzJEREMYDRAULzzz"

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...
6 posted 2001-02-04 02:28 PM

I understand your points but I do think that the writing depends on the poet. I know with me 99% of my work is drawn from my own experiences and feelings, but that is only me and I know others are diferent. And by the way you're not JUST as poet either.    Take care!

" I have seen without perceiving
I have been another man
Let me pierce the realm of glamour
So I know just what I am"....Dweller on the Threshold,

Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas
7 posted 2001-02-04 02:50 PM

Alrightyyyyyyyy then!! I am here to put my 2 cents in   First off, very well written and expressed poem here. Secondly, I too also write from my life and maybe some *dreams* also   But to each their own.    So many of the poet's poems here help me in soooooooo many ways.  They give me different guide lines and ways to think of different way to overcome what I am going through.  
Anyways, nice subject. I am sure it is making many think!

Mags

No person is worth your tears, and the only one that is ...... will never make you cry

firejerm
since 2000-06-13
Posts 217
Springfield, OH, good ol USA
8 posted 2001-02-04 05:38 PM

I have no trouble following this, I think that maybe the quotation marks were throwing some off, but not me.  I follow ya    Good write here, and beware of writing poetry for yourself here which is dark, or bewildering, it will be edited because of its depicting content.

Still angry, but enjoyed the read,
Jeremy

"Those little slices of death, how I loathe them."
-Edgar Allen Poe

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
9 posted 2001-02-04 08:44 PM

Hey I really liked this one. I like your style of writing, very dif. from what I see around here. I also think like this sometimes, very nicely done!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
10 posted 2001-02-05 04:25 AM

Scarlet Lady,
very good poem.

Here is my five cents worth (since two cents don't exist in Australia) Poetry is only for the writer... until it's placed on paper or computer or whatever and then it becomes something for both...so that writers and readers can take what they from it...Once a writer has borrowed the words they become only for the writer until...

Those of us who refuse to risk and grow get swallowed up by life. Patty Hansen.

dragonpoe
since 2000-11-12
Posts 608
Palm Bay, Florida
11 posted 2001-02-05 11:33 AM

Ok, I have to join in here. I read at first that what was being said is that poetry is for the poet only, and I was about to disagree, then I read your return response about how not every written piece is actually LIVED by that poet. And how true! Most of my poetry is written from my heart, and the emotions that life influences. But some are written just from being the outsider, or watcher, hoping that the piece may touch someone who had to go through it. I try to write not just as myself, but as every other soul in the world (what a tough job!) So I believe that there are times when the poem is for the writer, times when the poem is for the reader, and times when we poets just want to goof off. That's what makes poetry such a magical art.

With the word, I am mighty, with the pen I am free..
dragonpoe

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » OK, Ok...I'm a POET?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary