navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Advice on a troubled life, through the eyes of the fortunate
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Advice on a troubled life, through the eyes of the fortunate Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PoeticGoddessOfDepression
since 2002-07-02
Posts 439
I am everywhere

0 posted 2002-07-18 02:25 PM

"Never for get...
That you were once important.
That you once belonged.

And now that you're worthless and stupid...
don't bask in your sorrows.
Don't drown in your defections.
Don't die on your bed of rejection.
Live...
happy.
fully.
And don't let all of the people that are better than you get you down.

Now that your immortality gets in the way of everything you ever wanted,
don't hate people that add to your list of flaws,
don't hate the things that you can't have.
Love everyone.
Everything get's better...
Look at me!"

If we follow the invisible line of hatred, it will lead us straight to our hearts.

© Copyright 2002 Sara Nicole - All Rights Reserved
shadowchild458
since 2002-07-10
Posts 117
MN,USA
1 posted 2002-07-18 04:55 PM

hey! defidently one of your best! i love it! i mean it's so true. we're all stupid, dumb, thoughtless but what we really need to do is just live with ourselves the way we are! never change sara! never change!

www.freedonation.com

PoeticGoddessOfDepression
since 2002-07-02
Posts 439
I am everywhere
2 posted 2002-07-18 07:25 PM

You might have misunderstood... but if you like it, that's fine!  
Everone and anyone can look at this from a different angle.
Maybe whoever replies can tell me what they think it's about... (if the title hasn't given it away)

Thanks SC!

-Sara

If we follow the invisible line of hatred, it will lead us straight to our hearts.

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
3 posted 2002-07-18 10:18 PM

I get it. The title did give it away and the quotations confirmed. But you know, there is some truth to it. Sure, I wake up every morning and think of 100 ways to kill or injure myself, but then I think of 10 reasons not to. And sometimes... those 10 are enough. I think the biggest reason is that on the day we truly give up on the world is the day the world 'truly' turns to ****. 'Cause trust me it could get a lot worse.

"if you know me so well then tell me which hand do I use?" Tori Amos

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (07-18-2002 10:23 PM).]

MidnightSon
since 2002-05-15
Posts 312
between the gutter & the stars
4 posted 2002-07-19 03:22 AM

if you have to live at the bottom of the barrel, you might as well enjoy it. and the only place to go from rock bottom is up....

you present good advice. the same i would give and wish i could have received when i was a tad younger.

don't be ashamed of who you are and who you want to be. even if it's the most dejected, rejected piece o trash on the playground.

it's our struggle for identity that leaves us all unknown

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Advice on a troubled life, through the eyes of the fortunate

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary