navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Tragedy in the U.S.
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tragedy in the U.S. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dark Kisses
since 2001-06-24
Posts 364
Flat lands of Kansas

0 posted 2001-09-13 11:33 AM

Tears rolled down my face
For I cant believe what I see
Someone, somewhere
Destroyed our sense to be

They took away our security
And our right to live free
Taking this in their own hands
For all the world to see

All the tears have created a river
Flowing from east to west
Drowning in the questions
Yet no one has confessed

"They hide behind the shadows"
Our good president did say
Little do they know
That we will find them one day

So many Mothers without Children
So many Children without Moms
No more Dads or Uncles
No faces are calm

Digging through the massive mess
Finding pieces here and there
Pictures of their loved ones
The survivors cant seem to bare

Yet so many are still missing
Their bodies can not be found
Laying alone in the confussion
Unable to make a sound

This tragedy took its toll on us
The recovery seems so long
But we are proud of our Country
And for that we must bond together and move on

[This message has been edited by Dark Kisses (edited 09-13-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Mags - All Rights Reserved
G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA
1 posted 2001-09-13 01:29 PM

Well, I see that you did post it. Very good Mags. I'm sure everybody in this great nation of ours feels the same and very angry at the same time. Our nation is once more united with a common cause due to this hanius act and I don't think any of us will rest until rivers of blood flow from the bodies of those responsible and all those around them. Seeing those animals dancing in the streets and shouting "GOD IS GREAT" sickened me to no end. And I can't wait to see their filthy bodies lying dead in their own decay after we have bombed their worthless cities. Then justice will be served up cold and harsh, an eye for an eye.

I realize that these are extreem comments and that this may get deleted because of that. But the vast majority of Americans I've talked to, heard on the radio and seen on TV feel the same way. To paraphrase admeral Yamamoto of the Japaneese imperial fleet, once again the giant has awoken and there will be hell to pay.

Ok, ok, I'm getting off my soapbox now. Great poem Mags!  

G

Regret not that which you have done,
Rather that which you haven't

Hellseyes
since 2001-07-25
Posts 120
Kansas, USA
2 posted 2001-09-13 05:09 PM

right on the money..../Drew/
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2001-09-13 06:10 PM

Nice expression of the feelings we all share...James
Zinsser
since 2001-02-27
Posts 1641
Calif.
4 posted 2001-09-13 07:11 PM

I grieve for our loss of our innocent... I will also grieve for their loss of inocent.. for that will happen no doubt.... I want the extream of punishment to go forth... but I will not throw candy and dance in the streets
with my children over any blood shed.. I was crazy mad when I saw that too

Dark Kisses
since 2001-06-24
Posts 364
Flat lands of Kansas
5 posted 2001-09-14 12:40 PM

Very powerful stuff there, Mr. Webb.  And also very well spoken!  Revenge shall be wonderful and peaceful to us, Americans.  But from watching the news today, this is far from being over.  More and more are being arrested.  They want us to live in fear and for the time being it is happening.  But soon we shall once again stand on our two feet as a strong country and take an eye for an eye!!!

Mags

Oops, thanks everyone for the kind words on my poem.  

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

6 posted 2001-09-14 03:24 AM

At this time I'm not going to delete these comments from GA Webb because I understand, share, and have full sympathy, for the angry and hurt feelings over this terrible incident - and acknowledge that we all need to express these feelings.

I'm going to point a few things out that I feel it is important to mention, though.

One - the people in Palastine who celebrated. Yes, this may seem coarse, and horrific to us. However - those people do NOT represent ALL of Palastine. It is unfair and cruel, in my opinion to claim they do.

Two - they are not animals, but humans who exist in an environment of war and terror on a daily basis. This is not a justification - but merely a reminder of their humanity.

Three - Is answering the murder of innocents, with more murder of innocents as I take the statement 'and those around them', a good answer to this problem?

I urge everyone, from the bottom of my heart, to remain free of prejudice at this time. We need to keep in mind this was a terrorist attack and terrorism does not necessarily indicate that an entire NATION is against the US.

Remember the innocents - everywhere in the world.

If this thread includes anymore language that implies the violent harming of others it will be closed. We still need to respect our guidelines.

GA Webb, and anyone else - please direct any reply to my comments, that may disagree with your own, to my email.

Thanks, Severn.

[This message has been edited by Severn (edited 09-14-2001).]

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
7 posted 2001-09-14 06:53 AM

/pip/Forum29/HTML/000733.html
kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
8 posted 2001-09-14 02:27 PM

/pip/Forum50/HTML/003630.html

please don't be consumed by hatred

qtpieelmo
since 2000-07-04
Posts 989
Sesame Street :) hee hee ,NY
9 posted 2001-09-15 12:31 PM

This is great--so inspiring & I know these past fews days have made us stronger as a country & bonded us even tighter   LOVE ELMO
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Tragedy in the U.S.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary