navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #8 » put me in your boxes, please
Open Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic put me in your boxes, please Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Corazon
since 2000-02-02
Posts 1209

0 posted 2000-06-20 05:20 PM

I watch you put things
so many things
that you might
in the future
need
in boxes and bags
and know
deeply know that
my life
will not sit well with this
for I need you my friend
despite my putting up a
brave front
of not
no one has touched my life
quite as thoroughly as you have
from head to toe
I am interwoven with you
you touched my heart
with softness and caring
you tempered my head
with questions to
make me think
you heated my body
with craving unmatched
you made me see me
as a friend worth having
please don’t forget to
put little bits of me
in your boxes
too, my friend
put my naughty smiles
and erotic tidbits of memory
oh...how we played
put my rolling on the floor
giggles to authenticate
our laughter
put remembrance of the tears
that you helped me dry
and the soul delving that made us
the friends that we are
and put the days that were
made just to share
you and me
yes put me in your boxes
so that when you get
to where you get
you will remember
a friend
in me

[This message has been edited by Corazon (edited 06-20-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 zoe d. - All Rights Reserved
Nate Dogg
since 1999-11-15
Posts 1658
Georgia, Fulton
1 posted 2000-06-20 05:43 PM

This is very touching, Corazon! Thanks for sharing. Peace!

Nathan

amazon_lover
since 2000-04-09
Posts 491
Dublin,Ireland
2 posted 2000-06-20 05:47 PM

It was a great read..we plan on so many things to leave out something so beautiful..so necessary to our hearts.

(((((((hugs)))))))
A_L

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
3 posted 2000-06-20 06:00 PM

Oh sweetheart...I could be wrong but I'm hoping the same....for all of us, that we each retain a little of the fun, the wicked, wacky sense of humour we all enjoy and the seriousness of our discussions but most of all, I hope the caring continues even if packed in a box, maybe a memory, maybe in a thought that reminds us but always, I hope we remember the friendships and what it brought to all of us...

Beautiful words, just like you...got a tissue?  Guess shares in Kleenex rose again tonight..

Take care...all of you!

HUSG

Corazon
since 2000-02-02
Posts 1209

4 posted 2000-06-20 06:02 PM

rg   you have mail explaining this...lol...and yep, it did make me think of some who have moved on and of all the fun we used to have on thrive....guess nothing stays the same for ever...specially the kleenex shares...lol...big hugs lady  

thanks A L glad you liked  

nate, glad you liked  

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
5 posted 2000-06-20 06:18 PM

Hi corazan... this is a really great piece! Very visual and exciting and correct me if I'm wrong, but i thought i detected a bit of sarcasm with the "go ahead and put memories of me in boxes, too" theme.

oftentimes, I don't read the responses before I reply... I want to get the full flavor of the poem without reading what others say first. This time, though, I read the responses and now i'm confused.

At first I thought this was about a past "in person" relationship, and then you &  RG refer to memories from 'thrive' as if they relate to this poem... LOL... so... I'm confused as to whether this piece is about 'virtual' friendship/romance/memories or 'in person' friendship/romance/memories.

hehe... maybe it doesn't matter and you don't really need to answer but if you care to explain, I'd be curious!

either way, thanks for a great read!

Corazon
since 2000-02-02
Posts 1209

6 posted 2000-06-20 06:33 PM

well doreen, you said "I'm confused as to whether this piece is about 'virtual' friendship/romance/memories or 'in person' friendship/romance/memories"
lets see yes and no...or no and yes..lol..how about a little of all of them....
rg and I have been friends for a long time, and we have seen quite a few people move away and not  come back...and  a close friend of ours just relocated, just making us realize how fragile these long distance friendships are...and ...my muse was being melodramatic as another friend is moving also....none of whom are leaving me behind....but...this poem is what came out *g*
so now I am sure that you are very clear on this....right?????? lol....well, I tried to be helpful....but my mind is not a clear place to be these days...sigh
glad you liked
and the sarcasm?...you probably read right, that seems to be a theme in my thinking too....
oh, and I haven't seen any of your poems submitted for the book yet.....'twoudln't be complete without some of your works ms. doreen    

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
7 posted 2000-06-20 06:43 PM

Corazan: I dont have mail..    but I'll go check all my addresses in a moment in case it got picked up someplace else......hope so but if not could you forward to 'themail' address...  

HUSG

Doreen:  I guess I read this poem correctly and yes, Cor and I have been friends for near on 2 years and were very close to a group of 5/6 people, and I mean close....we shared our problems, our lives and our innermost thoughts...some of us still do and we also have a new person to that group (that I'm thinking of, especially today) but I guess relationships change and it tilts the balance for all of us, sadly...but thankfully memories will always remain because nothing can ever change laughter or closeness whatever happens in the future, memories are built in concrete the future however is built in dust...

HUGS

[This message has been edited by RainbowGirl (edited 06-20-2000).]

Corazon
since 2000-02-02
Posts 1209

8 posted 2000-06-20 06:51 PM

rg, yep you read it right, lol, bits and pieces of the present and the past all rolled up into one...and yep, it did go to themail, guess its just slow going today  
and yep me too...bout today   I even sent HT winging over to watch over her

Lorraine Nisbet
since 2000-05-18
Posts 218
Jersey City, NJ USA
9 posted 2000-06-20 06:53 PM

Corazon...great read...i enjoyed this one!

~Lorraine< !signature-->

A great poet is nothing more....than a discovered amateur

[This message has been edited by Lorraine Nisbet (edited 06-20-2000).]

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
10 posted 2000-06-20 07:01 PM

ok, I'm off to check 'themail' and I was thinking of HT only tonight  bless...thank heavens I'm still the same, even if the words get angry soemtimes...the heart is till the same ....ooops...giving my secrets away..

HUSG

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
11 posted 2000-06-20 07:27 PM

thanks for the explanation, ladies... i'm still confused, but that's about par for the course for me at the moment... LOL

enjoyed the poem very much, corazon.. as usual

thanks for the comment about my work... don't know if i'll submit to the book or not, though.. hope you do!
oh, and you have mail from me, too  

Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
12 posted 2000-06-21 04:33 AM

Such a sublime message, very touching....

well done poem, and very strong emotions expressed using beautiful words...

I enjoyed this one...

regards, sudhir

Jan
since 2000-06-14
Posts 114

13 posted 2000-06-21 09:18 AM

Great poem.  I believe that anytime you touch someone's soul a piece of you stays with them forever.  Even if they don't always know it.  Peace.
Corazon
since 2000-02-02
Posts 1209

14 posted 2000-06-21 09:18 AM

thanks all, this one's not so sad like lots of mine are, so glad to make you smile  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #8 » put me in your boxes, please

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary