navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Friends
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Friends Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
~KNIGHT44~
since 2000-11-21
Posts 6
ohio

0 posted 2000-12-02 12:00 PM

Friends.....

They surround you with a quilt of love, each patch another memory of all that they have done for you and all that they have gone through with you.

They know the secret passage ways, dark tunnels, and lost corridors into the center of your heart and are always willing to take them no matter what the risk.

They light that torch in your soul that was once burning brightly but through harsh rains had become burned out. Now you can see.

They hold your hand through the darkness and carry you through the pain and hold you close so you know they will never be too far away.

Theystandfirm throughthe tears and shouts, the laughter and fights, to show you nothing will bring down the power of our friendship.

They never have to say they love you,for actions seak louder than words....

~Friends are angels who pick you up when your wings forget how to fly~

© Copyright 2000 ~KNIGHT44~ - All Rights Reserved
curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
1 posted 2000-12-02 02:30 PM

That was sooooo good! it's so true, friends can be the greatest part about life, once you find the good ones. this poem was awesome!  
Curly

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
2 posted 2000-12-02 04:46 PM

This was very good. I loved your use of metaphors and everything, it was great. Keep it up!!!!!

~Carly

Home is where the heart goes when it needs a band-aid.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-12-02 10:26 PM

Hey i reallyed like the message in this poem, but I especially liked the ending of it. The part where actions express more than words......so true so true.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
4 posted 2000-12-03 02:42 PM

Friends can be fantastic when you find the right ones!  Great job of sharing your views about friends   

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Slim
since 2000-07-19
Posts 49
Kentucky, USA
5 posted 2000-12-04 06:44 PM

i really liked this poem.. it sends out a good message. thanx for sharing, keep up the good work!!!

"just because you dont know it or havent seen it, doesnt mean it isnt possible"

BaByGuRL
since 2000-11-25
Posts 13

6 posted 2000-12-05 08:48 PM

Hey hey big brother. That poem was sooo cute. You me and our sister will always and forever be best friends. I read that it and brought tears to my eyes. Lol but thats just because im a big sap. well i'll ttyl
luv ya lotz
~ur lil sis

Kandi
since 2000-06-14
Posts 354
North of Hell
7 posted 2003-08-03 02:37 PM

Wow...umm, how did i never reply to this?
Anyways, this is so good, my big brother. It kind of makes my heart ache. Sooo many memories we have - you, me, and our little sister. You two will always have a place in my life that no one else could have filled or can ever fill. It's yours. I'll miss you so much when we all go our separate ways later this month. I just want you to never doubt that I love you.
You'll probably never read this...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Friends

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary