navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Roses are Red Violets are Blue (read this and you'll know im not a fool)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Roses are Red Violets are Blue (read this and you'll know im not a fool) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI

0 posted 2000-11-28 04:17 PM

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Im deeply in love,
But not with you,

Roses are Red,
The color my face turned when you left,
Violets are Blue,
The color you turned a heart of gold,

Roses are Red,
The color of blood,
Violets are Blue,
Hey guess what I dont need you,

Roses are Red,
The color of evil and good,
Violets are blue,
Isnt this poem ironic,

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Like I said before,
I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!

© Copyright 2000 Branden Jacobs - All Rights Reserved
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
1 posted 2000-11-28 04:21 PM

Hmmmm... is this one true? I know that sometimes you write from a "what if this happened" standpoint.....So I was wondering.
Anyway, I've certainly felt this way before, and I'm sorry if this is true to your life!
Keep writing
xoxo
Jenn
< !signature-->

"Guess I'm not smart, I let you un-nerve me, I let you control me; afraid the truth would hurt me, when it's you that hurts me more." TLC

[This message has been edited by Jenn Cirrincione (edited 11-28-2000).]

keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC
2 posted 2000-11-28 04:23 PM

This is a great poem. It tells the truth straight up, but has a sarcastic tone to it. Hope everything is going cool now. Talk to you later.                          Jon
branden726
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
3 posted 2000-11-28 04:24 PM

Dang, there i go again im sorry for now on ill write um if its real or not, no its not can you believe this anger i have in me? i mean its outrageous its really weird cuz i never thought i felt this way and i know its not to my gf. I dont know why or what it is but i dont feel comfortable around someone and i dont know who it is. Really Really weird. Emotional Rollercoaster.

"i just love when you bring your whole crew because its just a bigger piece of cake for me to chew threw"

Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV
4 posted 2000-11-28 06:17 PM

ummm...Whoa!! Emotional roller coasters can be fun, at least mine was over this past summer. Branden...If I'm not mistaken... I'm a few years your elder. Trust me...Things don't get easier as you grow up...you just gotta learn not to take so many things to heart.

~*~ Tamma Loves Justin~*~

"If ya stop looking, love will bite ya in the butt!!" ~ Me  

“Tyme heals all wounds, but some might just take a lifetyme to heal.”
~Me

branden726
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
5 posted 2000-11-29 04:18 PM

Yeah yeah yeah, i know i need to stop taking everything that happens so bad but i cant i just care about the ppl i love then they hurt me and i get offended well ne ways thanks for the reply tamma

"i just love when you bring your whole crew because its just a bigger piece of cake for me to chew threw"

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2000-11-29 04:34 PM

I liked the attitude that showed in this one, good job of writing it!  I've written stuff like that, not knowing where it's really coming from.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
7 posted 2000-11-29 05:19 PM

Could it be about your mother? Your anger could very well stem from your troubles with her.
xoxo
Jenn

"Guess I'm not smart, I let you un-nerve me, I let you control me; afraid the truth would hurt me, when it's you that hurts me more." TLC

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2000-11-30 05:50 PM

I found this to be a pop-in pop-out poem. Like you're writing in the form of how you feel but then pop out of the poem and say something else. In the last stanza you say "like i said"......as if to pop back in the poem. I don't know.......anyway i liked it. Hope this isn't happening in your life. Hang in there branden!!!!!!!!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

branden726
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
9 posted 2000-11-30 07:15 PM

This poem is not about my mom, no, Jenn this is about my feelings about an ex gf i think but i know im not writting about how i feel about my mom in here okay.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Roses are Red Violets are Blue (read this and you'll know im not a fool)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary