navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » What do you see???
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic What do you see??? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden

0 posted 2000-09-13 08:31 AM

I look in the mirror,
each day.
And then I have to,
look away.
There's something there,
that I didn't want to see.
And that something,
just happens to be me.
But what can I do,
if I'm not satisfied.
With my self,
when I really have tried.
To be what I want,
and I want to know.
How can I change,
how will I let go?
I want to know,
what you see.
Everyday when you,
look at me.
And you say I'm perfect,
beautiful to you.
But I've tried to convince myself,
there's nothing I can do.
Untill you tell me,
what do you see?

Don't wander throught this glassy surface, expecting to find more than me, because what I am without a purpose, but a lone mirage to see.

© Copyright 2000 Allysa - All Rights Reserved
Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
1 posted 2000-09-13 09:31 AM

Alysa, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  But its not what you can see in the mirror.  Beauty is what makes people glow.  And that can only come from deep within you.

jason

Just as soon as I belong, then it's time I disapear...
-Metallica-

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
2 posted 2000-09-13 10:44 AM

Allysa~~~I just posted a poem on beauty...(Im not looking to pretty right now my face is all swollen cause I just got my wisdom teeth pulled...owww!!!Does it hurt like hell now!!!)But this was good...And I agree with Jason beauty isnt what you look like its who you are...It comes from deep inside your soul...Keep up the good work!!!

~*If I was to die & could be 1 thing I would be a tear born in your eyes live on your cheeks and die on your lips*~

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-09-13 01:41 PM

I hope you find out who you really are soon.  Ok, that sounded funny, but I don't really know how else to say it.  You need to like you for you, and not worry about what other people want.  What is it that you feel you have to let go of to change???  And what is that you want to be that you think you can't be? I think you did a great job with the poem, it really is fantastic.
Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
4 posted 2000-09-13 03:26 PM

Okay,thanks all for replying. Well, here's the scoop. At lunch at school the other day I was singin' Eminem's the way I am with my friend tom and his gf Lauren, and this guy Bobby said to me "you don't look like someone who would listen to Eminem. You look like a prissy little white girl, like a Britney Spears wannabe." And I was like, "yeah sure."
I mean, Britney Spears has one good song, and that's Lucky, and whenever I hear that I cry b/c of Justin, so anyways, I listen to more than just Eminem, like other groups that ppl make fun of me for, and stuff, and I put my hair in braids today so it would get kinky, and they called me a child of Eminem. And that's not who I am, g2g. Allysa

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2000-09-13 08:37 PM

You know what? You give too much as to what people say to you. I DONT CARE what people say to me. I mean, catch me on a horrible day and i just might pay attention a bit and feel hurt, and then move on after i get it through my head that they know crap about me, but look girl......i think you rock.....dont give in to their petty insults and put downs......screw them. hahahaha know what i say to people who screw with me? I say "You are a nobody and will be a failure in all things to come, just hide yourself from society and wither".....that gets them all the time. Something intellectual and mean as hell. But hey, I only say that when they deserve it. Hahaha....ok and hardly anybody deserves that!!!!! So yea, stay cool...dont drop out of school. Forks all the way!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
6 posted 2000-09-14 08:16 AM

Dopey: I don't care what ppl think about me. Sometimes it's just hard that when the person that matters most doesn't seem to care. And forks all the way!!!!!
Allysa

Don't wander throught this glassy surface, expecting to find more than me, because what I am without a purpose, but a lone mirage to see.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » What do you see???

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary