navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Volaré
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Volaré Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

0 posted 2000-08-29 06:13 PM

Alright, well, this is my first attempt at writing a poem in Spanish.  Please don't laugh too hard.  I'll post the translation soon, but I want to see if any of you can figure it out, I know you can Jose.  I know it's a short one, especially for me, but like I said, it's my first attempt at a Spanish one.  Oh yeah, Jose, I was wondering if you could possibly help me out on this poem.  If you want to, feel free to add to it or to give me any suggestions, and please please correct my grammer, I can't seem to get it right.  Thanks so much!
Bel

Volaré
lejos de aquí
a través el mar
Volaré
apartando de mis problemas
apartando de mis miedos
Volaré
pronto,
sino no pronto bastanta

© Copyright 2000 Isabel Galaxia - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2000-08-30 01:02 PM

Isabel~~~I cant wait to see the translation...To bad I didnt pay attention in my spanish class...I wouldnt have to wait then...

~*~TrUe LoVe Is ThE cLoSeSt ThInG tO hEaVen~*~

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
2 posted 2000-08-31 04:01 PM

wow, very nice poem. ¡Me gustø bastante! La verdad es que no ve que este es tu primer poesia escrito en español. I'm glad I'm not the only one here that does this anymore.
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-08-31 08:02 PM

Well I know what it means and frankly its nice. Soooooooo i liked how you wrote it cuz its basically your escape from all your probs and fears. Does the sea symbolize anything? Anyway, si quieres, mandame un e-mail okis?
By the way, soy de Puerto rico. Boricua hasta el fin BABY!!!! Chekiamos

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

4 posted 2000-09-01 06:00 PM

Thanks for replying!  I'll post the translation soon I promise!  But I'm really busy right now so I'm gonna hafta cut this one short.  I'm glad you like it!  As far as the sea goes, I live by the ocean, and the country I want to go to, or live in is across the ocean/sea.  So I guess it's kinda symbolic, okay well I gotta run, so I'll say more later, thanks again!  Hasta Luego
Bel

Beautiful is empty
Beautiful is free
Beautiful loves no one
Beautiful stripped me
-"Beautiful" CREED

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

5 posted 2000-09-03 11:50 PM

The translation I promised:
I will fly
Far from here
Across the sea
I will fly
Diverging from my problems
Diverging from my fears
I will fly
Soon
But not soon enough

Bel

Beautiful is empty
Beautiful is free
Beautiful loves no one
Beautiful stripped me
-"Beautiful" CREED

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
6 posted 2000-09-08 12:39 PM

Bel~ I know how hard it is to translate poetry, and how painful it is to see what is lost in the translation, I feel your pain. Geat translation though.
StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
7 posted 2000-09-08 10:41 AM

Bel~ It's been a while girl!! Nice to see something from you though. I totally know what you guys mean about how much is lost in the translation. That's cool though cuz I speak Spanish too. hehe. Keep it up girl you know you're the bomb. hahaha I haven't said that forever! Best of luck!
Love Always
~*~Jessica~*~
< !signature-->

If aLl My FrIeNdS JuMpEd OfF a BrIdGe, I WoUlDn'T JuMp WiTH ThEm BeCaUsE I'd Be At ThE bOtToM tO CaTcH ThEm.  

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 09-08-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Volaré

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary