navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » For Papa
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic For Papa Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio

0 posted 2000-07-13 01:42 AM

hi again yall.  well i today is a hard day for me.  on this date in 1986 my grandfather passed away.  i loved him alot and never got to say goodbye.  well this is my way of saying goodbye to him.  tell me what yall think.  and poppa this one is for you.

For Papa

July 13th 1986
To some its just another day
but for me its a day of pain
cuz thats the day you went away
i remember seeing you the day before
you were fighting with my dad
it was a very heated aurgument
both of yall were mad
then he stormed out of the kitchen
and behind him slamed the door
i remember the deafining silance
you could hear a pin hit the floor
he grabed me by the arm
and took me away
that was the last time i saw you
before you went away
It all happened so fast
it was like a blink of an eye
i never told you how much i loved you
i never got to say goodbye
the very next morning
i was watching t.v.
saturday morning cartoons and a bowl of fruit loops
that was heaven to me
then there was police at the door
they said we need to speak to your father, son
so i turned around, turned the corner
and up the stairs i did run
then i saw them talking to dad
and i seen his eyes grow with fear
then down his cheek
came a single tear
then we raced to the hospital
and ran in the waiting room
the doctor was waiting there
with the impending doom
he looked in my dads eyes
and said your father passed away
my dad just starting crying
there was nothing he could say
i was to young to understand
that you would never back
i wish i could see you now
for its your love that i lack
then at the wake
i walked right up to the casket
i seen you laying there motionless
i still didnt beleave it
i reached out and grabed your hand
it looked so pale and felt so cold
a man that was always so young and full of life
lay before me looking tired and old
next then came the funeral
but i never got to go
my father wouldnt let me
and to this day why i dont know
its been 14 years
since you went up to heaven
and i can still remember us buying slurpees
down at the 7-11
I know your watching over me
and protecting me from above
your are my gardian angel
i can still feel your love
so i am gonna say now
what i couldnt say then
and as this poem comes to end
i miss you alot papa
just one thing i have left to do
i just want to say say goodbye papa
and that i will always love you...

Once upon a time there was a light in my life, now theres only love in the dark, There's nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart.

© Copyright 2000 Jesse Jaymz - All Rights Reserved
Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
1 posted 2000-07-13 01:51 AM

A great reminder
all you have to say
should be said
don't be staid
nor wait another day.

Nice 14th year memorial to him.

Jamie

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito. - Virgil.
"Yield thou not to adversity, but press on the more bravely".

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
2 posted 2000-07-13 11:40 AM

Jesse, I am crying now, because I lost my Grandpa in 89 and I still miss him so. How sad to not get to say goodbye, but you have to know that he loved you, and he of course knew how much you loved him. It was a fight with your Dad, not you. You don't have to feel guilty.  My Grandpa died of cancer while I was living across country. I had seen him last at Christmas, and he died on Easter. No one ever told me he was so close, that he was in the hospital, that he would die so soon. It came as quite a blow to me, as he was my best childhood friend, and my Dad that I never had. Oh, shoot, I bet you did not need to hear my sad story right now. Sorry. Just wanted to express how much this touched me. And I bet Papa is smiling in heaven.
Peace
Sandra

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
3 posted 2000-07-13 01:31 PM

catalinamoon,
wow.  i didnt think my work could make a person cry like that.  i know i was crying badly as i wrote this.  and dont worry about telling me your story.  sharing helps a person grow stronger.  and rememeber if you ever need to talk just e-mail me.  i know that he loved me with all his heart.  and i know that he knows how much i loved him.  just wish i could have told him in person.  i can still see the look in his eyes as we drove away.  it still haunts me.  but he is watching over me.  at times i think he fell asleep up there but he still watches over me.  =)  thanks hun.  your comment meant alot.  *hugs*

Once upon a time there was a light in my life, now theres only love in the dark, There's nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
4 posted 2000-07-13 03:32 PM

Wow... full of heart and feeling. Well with a sorrowful tinge of grey.

Christopher

Deborah1
since 2000-06-22
Posts 653
New Hampshire
5 posted 2000-07-13 05:23 PM

Oh Jesse, such hard hard times to endure. This made me teary eyed too, when my dad passed on I worte a beautiful poem to be read at the funeral, and was so emotionally wrecked that, I started vomiting right before the funeral, and continued until midnight, missed the whole service and still today I pray he understood, I never got my proper goodbye. Like Cat I don't want to go on and on, such sorrow, and I know your Papa is smiling down upon you, what a beautiful poem!!!
jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
6 posted 2000-07-13 06:08 PM

Unfortunately, I really didn't know my grandfather very well, he died before I got the chance. My grandmother I knew and loved immensely and wrote the following poem for her death in 1980.

I feel your loss,  and also feel your grandfather is well aware of your feelings and regrets and doesn't hold you guilty of anything.  Your peace was made with him long ago, long before his death even though you live a time secluded from him.  Good poem JJ, well said, warm and compassionate.

jwesley

[This message has been edited by jwesley (edited 07-13-2000).]

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
7 posted 2000-07-13 06:13 PM

thanks yall.  i wish i could have read this for him.  deborah, thanks for your story.  it does help to hear that i aint the only one that has gone through this.  i was only 6 when this happened and i was to young to feel the pain or even understand what happened.  but i do now.  and now it hurts.  thanks for the feedback.  keep it coming yall.  it make me smile on this ever sad day.  

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
8 posted 2000-07-13 06:21 PM

thanks jwesley, i just posted a thank you and then up popped your messege.  and i cant let a comliment go unthanked.  =) thank you very much.  i really didnt know alot about my grandfather either.  i learned alot about his life after he died.  and know i know why i am the way i am.  he was just like me in alot of ways.  in fact i still bare his name.  i when i changed my name i kept his name as my middle name to remeber him.  Jesse CHARLES Jaymz.  this is my way of having him with me always.  thanks again jwesley.< !signature-->

[This message has been edited by Jesse Jaymz (edited 07-13-2000).]

qtpieelmo
since 2000-07-04
Posts 989
Sesame Street :) hee hee ,NY
9 posted 2000-07-13 06:29 PM

Wow great poem!! i also lost my grandpa a few years ago (March 23rd 1997) I never really got say & ask all I wanted to him & now it's too late until my time comes but anyway luved your poem & I'm soo sorry for your loss I also wrote a poem about my grandpa when he left me (Not Forgotten) OK don't forget to smile once in a while (its the little things that count) LOVE ELMO!!
**STAR**
since 2000-07-10
Posts 26
San Diego, Ca.
10 posted 2000-07-13 08:53 PM

Great poem.  I know how you feel.  I never got to say good-bye to my grandpa.  When he went I was overseas and no one told me.  This was very touching and I know he heard you.
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
11 posted 2000-07-13 09:41 PM

Jesse hon it is always so sad to lose a loved one (a favourite loved one) and especially not to say goodbye.  I lost my grandmother the same way and didn't get to say goodbye.  I miss her still.
I know exactly how you feel so hugs from your big sissy ok? *hugs*
Your writing is improving hon in leaps and bounds.     Great work

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
12 posted 2000-07-14 07:45 AM

wow.  i never know how much my little writings from my brain could touch so many people.  and that so many people have gone threw the same pain.  that really helps to know that i am not alone.  i bet he is smiling down on me and this poem.  *big hugs to all*  i love all this feedback.  it makes this broken angel smile.  thanks yall.  i love all of yall.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » For Papa

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary