navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » A Little Advice
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Little Advice Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DJLI
since 2000-06-21
Posts 237
TN, USA

0 posted 2000-08-02 03:23 AM

This isn't anything I wrote, just something hanging on the wall where I work. I thought it would do good in here.

I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight.

I have responsibilities to fill today. I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.

Today I can complain because the weather is rainy, or I can be thankful that the grass is being watered for free.

Today I can feel sad that I don't have any more money, or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.

Today I can grumble about my health, or I can rejoice that I am alive.

Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up, or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.

Today I can cry because roses have thorns, or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.

Today I can mourn my lack of friends, or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.

Today I can whine because I have to go to work, or I can shout for joy that I have a job to do.

Today I can complain that I have to go to school, or eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new tidbits of knowledge.

Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do house work, or I can feel honored because I've been provided shelter for mind and body.

Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped.

And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.

What today will be like is up to me.

I get to choose what kind of day I will have.

Have a GREAT DAY...unless you have other plans.

EVEN ANGELS FALL.

© Copyright 2000 Lisa Marie - All Rights Reserved
Deborah1
since 2000-06-22
Posts 653
New Hampshire
1 posted 2000-08-02 07:48 AM

thank you for sharing this!! How we can tend to forget the "other" side to anything we experience each day. I often push past the obvious negatives and as they say make lemon-aid out of those lemons!!

The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose...--Hada Bejar

Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA
2 posted 2000-08-02 08:08 AM

LiLi...Someone once said that most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.  That, and this wisdom from the wall, fairly well sum up my philosophy of life.  Thanks for sharing.  Hardrock
Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas
3 posted 2000-08-02 10:45 AM

Well reading this sure made me think differently about my day.  Thanx for the kick in the butt.... I needed it badly    I am one that forgets the wonderful parts of life.  

Thanx again
DkW

Once there was a darkness
Deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had
Ahhhhhh you gave me light

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » A Little Advice

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary