navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » They wouldn't let me hold you
Open Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic They wouldn't let me hold you Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Nikolette Sadness
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 337
port richey fl.

0 posted 2000-08-18 10:47 PM

this is a very hard thing for me to talk about...this is for the son i never got to hold...they took him away from me without seeing his face...

~They wouldn't let me hold you~

i never saw your face
or felt your soft touch
i felt like a disgrace
but i loved you so much
they took you away
before i could see
the only pure thing
that lived inside of me
i never saw your face
or felt your soft skin
but i know i'll always love you
because i loved you from within
nine months of agony
not forgotten by me
i wanted to hold you
and i would've told you
the things you need to hear
as i speak through tears
the truth becomes clear
unwed mother
long gone lover
my son,
the only one
i will find you someday
and love you more than now
because i'll love you always
more than you can know.

Nikolette Sadness

i was once in love and happy...but you can call me Sadness.

© Copyright 2000 Nicole Crisp - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2000-08-18 10:54 PM

Nik, you did a lot of things right here...first of all, know that your child is in a good, safe, loving home, with two parents who wanted him very, very much...

and know that from this experience, tho quite difficult and heart-wrenching, there comes a type of growth that you can only learn from... I am sure you don't care to hear that, but believe me, little one, you have a lot to give others, and sharing moments such as this is one way of reaching out and telling folks "I'm ready to grow up now..."

Many hugs, Sunshine

Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
2 posted 2000-08-18 10:55 PM

Nik, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I don't know what it's like to carry a child within you for nine months and then have him literally snatched away--I've never even been pregnant yet--but it must have been traumatic for you. You will carry him in your heart until the day you do get to hold him. Take care.

Elizabeth

Why ME???

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
3 posted 2000-08-18 10:56 PM

aaahhhhhh baby...my heart breaks for you...and I know you will find him someday and he will know what you did you did for love
Nikolette Sadness
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 337
port richey fl.
4 posted 2000-08-18 11:28 PM

elizabeth...thank you for the reply..i hope someday i can hold my son...and see his beautiful face...because i know without knowinghim that i love him

Paula...thank you very much...this was very hard for me to share wuth the wrold (as you know) and you helped me do just that...*hugs*

Nikolette

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
5 posted 2000-08-18 11:44 PM

Nik, your sincerity and emotion in this poem is very powerful. Obviously you are a very caring and sincere person to be able to write this. Save it for your son and, when you do finally re-unite with him, show it to him. I hope it works out and thank you for sharing this with us.
Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
6 posted 2000-08-18 11:50 PM

Nikolette,

I was deeply touched by this.  Your love and longing is so evident.  Bless you.

Michael

Nikolette Sadness
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 337
port richey fl.
7 posted 2000-08-19 12:16 PM

thank you both veyr much for replying here...i hope someday i will see my son...and he will know that ive always loved him...
Nik

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
8 posted 2000-08-19 01:07 AM

this was great work hun.  truly touching.  i hope that you do find him.  for you are the most loving person i know and i know that he loves and misses you too.  *hugs*  i am here for you hun.  
love ya
jesse

Once upon a time there was a light in my life, now theres only love in the dark, There's nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart.

ggrn3
since 2000-08-17
Posts 433
Nahunta Georgia U.S.
9 posted 2000-08-19 01:11 AM

Nikolette,
I was so moved by your feeling and sincerity in this. I use to be a social worker and I've witnessed these feelings first hand.  Although I was never involved in the compacity of removing a child from their parent for the purpose of adoption, I do understand your pain.  Hey, here is a suggestion.  Check with your state adoptions office or private agency you used.  They should have some forms for you to sign just in case your son searches for you when he becomes old enough to do so.  If I'm not mistaken, these forms you sign will allow for the adoption agency to contact you at the address given on them.  Keep them your address and telephone number updated.  Once they contact you, you will be will be told that your son has made contact with the agency and wants to meet with you. That decision will be yours at that time.  I would tell you the name of the forms, but I have forgotten, plus I don't know if the state you reside in has the same laws and procedures as my state.  Good Luck & God Bless.

Garfield

Nikolette Sadness
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 337
port richey fl.
10 posted 2000-08-20 12:15 PM

jesse...thank you hun...i'm glad it touched you...*bugs hugs and kisses*

ggrn3...thank you for the help i will look into that...

Nik

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...
11 posted 2000-08-20 01:49 AM

Very powerful and emotive, my heart cries out for you! It is my hope that things will work out for you.

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Unknown

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » They wouldn't let me hold you

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary