navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » She Carried Dolls....for meadowmuse
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic She Carried Dolls....for meadowmuse Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
christies heart
since 1999-08-10
Posts 189
NJ, USA

0 posted 2000-02-22 06:44 AM

She carried dolls with crystal faces,
etched in circles of blood.
She carried dolls who ran for refuge
from a sudden flood.

She carried dolls who spoke of hate
and choked upon deceit.
She carrid dolls who could not dance
for fear of shattered feet.

She carried dolls who drank their beer
and watched the Sunday game.
She carried dolls who ruled her world
with tears of silence trapped in shame.

She carried dolls who slipped large hands
between her tiny thighs.
She carried dolls who ran from truth,
blinding her with lies.

She carried dolls with darkened masks,
who forced her to her fate.
She carried dolls with evil words,
twisting love with hate.

She carried dolls until she grew
and tried to run away.
She carried dolls who followed her,
reminding her they'd stay.

She carried dolls who came with her
into the home she built.
She carried dolls who locked her in,
trapping her in guilt.

She carried dolls who would have stayed
until the day she died.
But she mourned her past, and threw away
those dolls who finally cried.

Grant that I may not judge my niegbor until I have walked a mile in his moccasians

Native American prayer

© Copyright 2000 Christine R - All Rights Reserved
Lost Dreamer
Member Elite
since 1999-06-20
Posts 2464
Somewhere near the Rainbow
1 posted 2000-02-22 07:07 AM

Wow, You did a wonderful describing a life of pain and injustice done to a human being.
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2000-02-22 08:01 AM

Excellent! I love the recurring line and how each one is developed differently.
John Yaws
since 1999-10-09
Posts 860
Texas
3 posted 2000-02-22 08:06 AM

I believe that this is probably the most eloquent picture of a shattered heart and mind which I have ever observed.  Excellent work, but I shudder to think of the experience which sparked it. Write on.
Meadowmuse
Member Elite
since 1999-12-27
Posts 3263

4 posted 2000-02-22 08:31 AM

Christie, when I read "The Missing Rage" yesterday, I understood it well and felt a sudden sense of kinship with you, which prompted me to post "Forever Out." As I arrived here at the Passions site this morning, "She Carried Dolls" was at the top of the list and literally jumped out at me. Thank you, Christie, for sharing this with not only me, but with others here, as it is one of the most real, most accurate depictions of the horror and struggle and SURVIVAL of abuse that I have ever come across in my extensive reading, research and sharing about sexual and physical abuse. I cannot say enough about the feelings this outstanding poem of yours evokes within me. Thank you, and much peace to you in your continued healing.

Claire  

Rex Allen McCoy
Member Elite
since 2000-01-30
Posts 2863
Sippin a Timmy's in London
5 posted 2000-02-22 09:28 AM

my heart goes out to anyone who has had the misfortune of suffering this terrible fatethe world is full of
sexual abuse and the good people trying to combat this crime are fighting an uphill battle ... and the abusers
seem to have a constant source of recruits

Rex}<{{{{o>

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
6 posted 2000-02-22 10:15 AM

Christie,
Wonderful piece of work. Bravo.

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

7 posted 2000-02-22 11:03 AM

this poem is amazing...and effects me deeply...you have my  admiration and respect for your wisdom and courage...
I hope you find healing and strength in your writing...you have an amazing talent... the use of the doll image here is brilliant...
take care, janet marie

...every moment of every day...
your still with me in every way.
every poem and song...
every rhyme and verse...
your still here...like a beautiful curse.
your my inspiration, your my fire...
your words fill me with poetic desire.
Every moment of every day...
your still with me in every way.
Janet Marie
*I miss you baby...
I love you, always.*

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

8 posted 2000-02-22 03:31 PM

Christie, this is an excellent piece of writing!  

Denise

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
9 posted 2000-02-22 04:07 PM

Christie, I have been in that silent screaming place and have carried my own dolls into adulthood.  To look with the clear vision that you have is to heal.  You have a great deal of strength.  Very well written poem!
christies heart
since 1999-08-10
Posts 189
NJ, USA
10 posted 2000-02-22 04:26 PM

I honestly appreciate all of your insightful and thoughtful responses to this often  difficult subject matter...

Lost dreamer..thanks. Probably this is because I know what it feels like..so the description is close in memory.

Poet D..Thank you. This poem is one that has changed so much over the years. It first appeared 10 years ago..and it was totally different. Strange how and why that happens.  

Gunslinger..Yes true about what sparked the inital writing of this. But moving past that pain, through healing in many ways, has brought me to the place where I can post something like this without fear of judgement, which I would have felt years ago when I had not begun to overcome such adversity yet!! Thanks so much for the response. : :

Claire..You don't know how very much your comments about the poem evoking emotions in you means to me. First, it is so good to see that the craziness of the situation and the struggle can somehow be captured. I have spent a while trying to get to the place where I can capture it. Also, that you see and relate to the real meaning regarding the healing process and what it takes to get there. As I wrote above, I would have never been able to post (or write) a poem like this if I was not making some progress by now... Also, I am so glad it brings you some peace and evokes some feelings just as your poem did for me...that's really what it is all about after all...Chris

Rex
Your words are very insightful and true. I would like to suggest that this battle is better fought by a society that does not continue to punish the victims by ignoring their reality.I see this often in my work and it is so hard since I am suppose to be in the healing profession!  

seymor..thanks you so much....

Janet Marie..again your words mean a lot to me, and your noticing courage means even more....

ds..thanks for the kind words.

Martie..The support and the knowlede that we are not to blame has really been the key over the years. And of course..watching my children growing up safe and loved!

Grant that I may not judge my niegbor until I have walked a mile in his moccasians

Native American prayer

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
11 posted 2000-02-22 04:40 PM

I think this is the first time I've read your work... it won't be the last! This is superb!
Parker
Member Elite
since 2000-01-06
Posts 3129
ON
12 posted 2000-02-22 04:49 PM

This poem shows yet again, in another aspect that the human vacation is not all its cracked up to be. The hurt we seem to impart on each other without realizing the impact is so sad. We have a long way to go, and alot of healing.

Beautiful work thanks for sharing.

Parker

Craig
since 1999-06-10
Posts 444

13 posted 2000-02-22 06:19 PM

I enjoyed this piece immensely the first time I read it ( August last year I think), I was as impressed with it then as I am now, this is such a well written and moving poem thanks for giving me the chance to re-read it.

Craig

Yes, I admit your general rule. That every poet is a fool:
But I myself may serve to show it. That every fool is not a poet.

christies heart
since 1999-08-10
Posts 189
NJ, USA
14 posted 2000-02-23 02:42 PM

Suthern Thank you very much. I appreciate your reading and comments.    
Chris

Human vacation...I love that term. Sometimes we go for the budget deals and the accommodations aren't so great......but then we make the best of where we go! Thanks for your considerate response! Chris

Craig. Thanks I am glad that you actually remember this poem from before! I am happy you liked it...Chris  

Native American prayer

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » She Carried Dolls....for meadowmuse

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary