navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Ghosts
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ghosts Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota

0 posted 2001-10-28 01:59 PM

Do YOU believe, or have any interesting experiences? If so, DO TELL!!!

God bless America, my home sweet home.

© Copyright 2001 Elizabeth A. Larson - All Rights Reserved
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
1 posted 2001-10-28 06:33 PM

Yes I believe, and have not had any to speak of, I did think my kitty jumped up on my pillow a few weeks after her death. But I could have imagined it, too.
Sandra

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
2 posted 2001-10-28 10:22 PM

I fully believe. No real personal encounters, but my mother has and my grandfather has. The ability to see ghosts and have foreshadowing dreams etc etc apparently runs in the family on my mumsy's side. Me, Myself have yet to experience such things...Though I do have a keen sense of people... Some people I meet or see I automatically know that they are not a good person and to stay away. As far as ghosts go though, The only thing I can remotely say that could be considered in the category is being uneasy... Not the typical "Alone in a dark room- I'm scared" I'm talking..in a room- even if I'm not alone...And being completely uneasy...KNowing someone/thing is in the room...or that something has happened in that room... This happens the absolute WORST at y Great-Grandmother's house in North Carolina. Come to find out the rooms I get uneasy in have had many people die in them...The incredibly odd thing about it though is that no matter how uneasy I am the presenceof my great-Grandmother ( Who is still alive) can make everything seem perfect and peaceful. Freaky, yes...But If I'm around her I feel as if I'm around an Angel- And that I'm being protected.  
Ghosts are spirits...There are good and bad...Which is what bothers me about it...But yes, I most definetly believe in them. (LOL-My how I ramble)

Every now and then I like to stick my foot in my mouth...

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2001-10-29 03:49 AM

I have never seen a ghost. (And I've seen somed damned strange things, lol)

But seriously, I would welcome the ghost of my father, as well as a few others I miss terribly.

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
4 posted 2001-10-29 09:30 AM

My house is inhibited by 7 different ghosts. I personally have had some quite traumatic experiences with them.
One being that upon experiencing a bad patch in my life before my breakdown, there were two ghosts by my side and one that was attacking me in my bedroom. One morning when I was getting ready for school, I was standing in front of my huge mirror on the dresser and I heard someone tell me to look up and move. When I did so the mirror flew off the wall across the room at me barely missing my head. Scary - yes. What's even more disturbing is the fact that it collected everything on top of the dresser too and pulled it on the ground. I'm talking about really breakable things here like glass vases and cases of jewellery and of course the mirror. Not a thing was broken and it fell quite a height.
I've also got some people in my dreams that I see and wake up and see them in my room and when I walk around outside of the house. Two are with me all the time on either side of my body and one is always in my room. Not that horrid one but another that took its place.

Mum sees a lot too. She's got her grandfather following her around and we've got a little girl, a black man and an old woman wondering around the house. Depending on the mood of the house there are some nasty ones that come and go and seem to hover around me for some reason.  
Yeah so that's a couple of experiences.  

"Live life to the fullest (unless you can't be stuffed)" - Merrick

[This message has been edited by anonymousfemale (edited 10-29-2001).]

Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
5 posted 2001-10-29 04:49 PM

I have no doubt there is ghosts.  I have never really seen my Dad, but I feel him all the time.  He comes to me when I am sleeping and sometimes stokes my hair like he used too when I was little.  He likes to come to me when I watch movies or TV in my basement.  I smell his coglone or cigerette smoke all of a sudden and feel him in the room.  He has also been known to ring the door bell, make the answering machine come on, and make the lights on my dining room chandilier alternate all within seconds of each other.  He usaully does this when all my family visits.  

When he visits, he brings such a feeling of peace and sheer love.  I have always felt comforted by his visits and I know he loves where he now resides on the other side.  I have very strong believes when it comes to "the other side".

anonymousfemale, I think your "nasty ghosts" are really looking for your attention for a reason that perhaps you haven't thought of.  Maybe your Aura and your 6th sense you have gives them the power they need to scare you, because they need your help. They are trapped in that house as are all the others, however they are trapped for a negative reason. Maybe try doing research on your house.  Asfor the ones that stand beside you...they maybe your Spirit Guides and not Ghosts, but just a guess.

Marina

It is a blessing to have wings for words and passion in pen.

Marina Crossley

[This message has been edited by Marina (edited 10-29-2001).]

sonjes
since 2000-02-18
Posts 564
North Carolina
6 posted 2001-10-29 07:07 PM

Ghosts, huh? Sure, why not...I think that anything is possible in this world...
   As for a personal experience with a true, bonafide ghost...I don't think so. However, I do believe in other things like the sixth sense, angels, possessions...
   But, who knows...Halloween is only 2 days away...maybe I will have an encounter then.  

Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
7 posted 2001-10-29 08:04 PM

I would love to hear more from Serenity.  Living in New Orleans I am sure you must see quit a few many interesting things.  I heard it said that EVERYONE in New Orleans has seen a ghost or two?  It is the most haunted place in all of the U.S. so they say...

Marina

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
8 posted 2001-10-29 09:10 PM

Marina, these guys are not spirit guys. When you wake up choking and can see them standing over you doing so, you know they don't want you help. This sort of thing has been happening to me since I was very little but only recently as I've been getting sicker, they've become more violent. Ghosts that want your attention come to you. Believe me, I know the difference between attempting to kill you wanting attention. Because my mother and I are heavily psychic we know what they want. We're both mediums for that sort of activity.

"Live life to the fullest (unless you can't be stuffed)" - Merrick

Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
9 posted 2001-10-30 12:45 PM

Anonymousfemale, I think you miss understood what I said about the "friendly ghosts" those are the ones that may be your Spirit Guides sent for your protection.  As a medium, you must be able to call them up their "former selves" when they lived on this side and communicate with them, so what is it that they want??  And why are they so violent towards you??

Marina

[This message has been edited by Marina (edited 10-30-2001).]

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
10 posted 2001-10-31 12:44 PM

I work with ghosts. Well, in the summer I work in a place that is haunted. It's pretty freaky sometimes. I'll be upstairs doing something, and in one particular end of the building, there is definately something there. It's not something I can describe, really, but I just get this horrible feeling that something is there and is possibly going to try and hurt me. I've smelled cigar smoke in places at work where there is NO smoking allowed at all... It's just rather freaky. I'm actually not afraid of most ghosts, but if I get really creeped out, I get out the my Bible from under all my clothes on the floor, and I'm all right again. It's interesting.

~I am a computer genius... Hey! How do you turn this thing on?!?

~Love me because I am Rhonda

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Ghosts

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary