navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » nans 72 reply challenge!
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic nans 72 reply challenge! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
wayoutwalt
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 4870
TEXAS (it's all big)

0 posted 1999-07-24 11:24 PM

i don't know if it can be done i am a simple boy and i post this for feedback and tiz awesome challenge i know and i vow to do my part but since nan closed the thread on her comment in the open forum bout repylin to poems i hereby challenge this fine poetic community to bury her post unto the last poem on the last page then and only then whilst we be free....
© Copyright 1999 Walt Burns - All Rights Reserved
elvira
since 1999-07-06
Posts 936
California
1 posted 1999-07-25 12:05 PM

[This message has been edited by elvira (edited 08-22-99).]

wayoutwalt
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 4870
TEXAS (it's all big)
2 posted 1999-07-25 12:23 PM

you have done yur part elvira i aint done mine the sinner in me has decided to repent and read read read (kiss babies too) love poems ahhh are good but variety the sweetest
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 1999-07-25 12:42 PM

I must confess I asked Nan to close the thread on that particular posting. I could no longer open it...took 5 minutes. The sentiment is great and I'm sure we'll get another reminder like it but this one just got too unwieldly.

If we pretend we're each the host/hostess of a party and each new person that arrives has to be welcomed, it will be better...and I read before I post any of my stuff.

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
4 posted 1999-07-25 09:12 AM

You've read ALL the poems in the open poetry forum, elvira? How the heck did you do that? I spend HOURS, sometimes, at these forums and can't get through the poems that were posted in just the past 2 days plus all the discussion forum threads. There's many many pages here! And more poets registering every day. It's awesome... but I don't envy the moderators. This is a LOT of material to go through.

I'm glad the other thread about reading and posting got closed, because it took my computer a long time to load the page, too.... I think there were 60+ responses last time I looked.

Bottom line is, if you post a poem, read and respond to 2 or 3. It's that simple. Thanks for the reminder, WOW (wayoutwalt).

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
5 posted 1999-07-25 01:12 PM

Wayoutwalt you are reminding me of e e cummings damn the punctuation full speed ahead and what not love the poetry you write some cool and trippin idyllics

I have given up trying not only to type solely sans punctuation, but also in the vain attempt to read Gawd know how many pages in the Open forum, not the mention Teen, Adult, Critique, Challenge, and any other category that someone, somewhere put anything even remotely resembling poetry or prose...damn...I'll have to come back and read this response...seems I've written prose again...almost as bad a habit as bed-wettin.

Alicat

elvira
since 1999-07-06
Posts 936
California
6 posted 1999-08-13 02:33 AM

[This message has been edited by elvira (edited 08-22-99).]

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
7 posted 1999-08-13 03:13 AM

There are some good poems stuck in 'limbo' that haven't been read or have only one reply. I have some time now and I'm digging them up and bringing them to the top. I'm afraid those poets may not be posting here anymore!

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
8 posted 1999-08-13 10:43 AM

Elvira - That's an exceptional idea - I'm working on the "Official Forum Lurkers Guide to Open Poetry"... I'll talk to Ron about making it an external link.... as soon as I get his undivided attention...
btw.... Have you met PLURKER??? He's our official Passions Forum Lurker....

[This message has been edited by Nan (edited 08-13-99).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » nans 72 reply challenge!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary