navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » I just cant anymore...
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic I just cant anymore... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~

0 posted 2000-11-25 02:01 PM

I havent posted a new poem in awhile. Its getting really hard for me to just come up with a little part of a poem and work from that. I dont know whats going on. My pen and paper dont want to cooperate with me anymore.

I have work that I have started but I just cant finish it. But that doesnt mean anything. So for right now I think my best option is to just reply. How does that sound?

People leave our lives as quickly as they come, but the ones that mean something leave footprints in our hearts.

© Copyright 2000 Erin Erbs - All Rights Reserved
Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX
1 posted 2000-11-25 02:16 PM

I'm with you on that one honey.  I have started so many pieces and if I finish one now it would be a miracle.  Writer's block is a pain..

Hope it all comes back to you soon.

Love,
Lady

Live in my world just once and you'll find yourself enraptured.

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
2 posted 2000-11-25 08:16 PM

Thats what I do!   Hope your inspiration comes back soon!   Don't force it though.   It will only hurt more! LOL!  
Skyfyre
since 1999-08-15
Posts 1906
Sitting in Michael's Lap
3 posted 2000-11-25 09:43 PM

Hear hear!  

One bucket of empathy from the proverbial fount of poetry gone dry.  I know EXACTLY what you are going through, m'dear ...

This may seem like a weak suggestion, but why don't you ask soe of your Passions friends for a challenge of some sort?  Get a few, get hundreds, play with this one and that one ... eventually, you're bound to some up with something that strikes your muse's fickle fancy!  

If you come up with a better idea, please throw it my way!  

--Linda

Remember: maintaining a positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will certainly annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2000-11-25 11:01 PM

Sounds good to me......your muse will return soon and before you know it your poems will be up!!
As long as your contributing to Passions things are A-OK!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
5 posted 2000-11-26 01:10 PM

ERIN,
perhaps you will like to refer to my post Writer's Block in the Corner Pub....
many people have provided interesting suggestions and perhaps you will be sufficiently inspired too....

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 2000-11-26 02:00 PM

It's so frustrating! And I feel myself getting upset with members who poet 2 or three poems a day!! Sigh...I also write prose when the poetry block sets in..try that...and if all else fails, reply til it comes back..but DON'T stop trying to write!  
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
7 posted 2000-11-26 02:19 PM

LOL...I always know once I commit to quit, the muse flies in...

she'll come back!

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...
I would rather be silent and write, than speak loudly and be bound.
KRJ

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » I just cant anymore...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary