navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Bush, Gore, Hospitalized in Tallahassee
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Bush, Gore, Hospitalized in Tallahassee Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia

0 posted 2000-11-30 11:52 AM

From the Night Hawke News Service:

TALLAHASSEE (NHNS) -- Vice-President Al Gore and Texas Governor George W. Bush were treated and released from Tallahassee Memorial Hospital for minor injuries incurred during what was apparently a duel with pistols conducted in the early morning hours.  Senator Bob Dole of Kansas was admitted and is still in surgery.   Democratic strategist and consultant James Carville had apparently brokered the event as a means to settle the disputed 25 electoral votes in Florida.

An unidentified informant has said the two presidential candidates met at dawn with Senator Bob Dole acting as second to Bush and former Massachusetts Gov. Michael S. Dukakis as second to Gore.   U.S. Supreme court Justice Antonin Scalia officiated the contest.

Doctors at Tallahassee Memorial reported Vice-President Al Gore is in good condition after receiving a minor abrasion from a bullet across his upper right arm.  'We cleaned it and put a band-aid on it' said Dr. Vince Normal who then reported that Gov. Bush had not required emergency room care, 'He basically fainted and bumped his head -- he should be fine.'

Doctor Normal reported Senator Dole is in satisfactory condition after removing a bullet, apparently fired from Vice-President Gore's pistol, from the Senator's foot.

'President Clinton gave me the go ahead.  He said he'd grant a full pardon to the winner.' Said Carville on CNN earlier today.   'Mary and I regularly have duels to settle disputes at home'.  Carville is married to former President George Bush's campaign strategist and Political Commentator Mary Matalin.

The question of Florida's 25 Electoral College votes ostensibly remains gridlocked.

© Copyright 2000 Local Rebel - All Rights Reserved
Not A Poet
Member Elite
since 1999-11-03
Posts 3885
Oklahoma, USA
1 posted 2000-11-30 12:26 PM

Reb, this series has certainly been more enlightening and infinitely more interesting than the fiasco we keep hearing about from the more established media.

Pete

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2000-11-30 12:29 PM

I think we need a DO OVER!! With all new candidates!!  
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2000-11-30 12:45 PM

Reb? Keep 'em coming!!! These are hilarious!!! Got me grinnin' again....
Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
4 posted 2000-11-30 02:24 PM

thanks all... glad you're enjoying the ride...  

Hate is a dead thing. Who of you would be a tomb? -Kahlil Gibran

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2000-11-30 05:43 PM

Hahaha this was great!
another one of your wonderful politcal posts.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Bush, Gore, Hospitalized in Tallahassee

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary