navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Horror Movies of the 80s
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Horror Movies of the 80s Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

0 posted 2001-02-01 11:37 PM

OK, this isn't a blanket question.  It regards those horror movies like Friday the 13th, and other teenaged horror movies.

How come it's always at some wierd camp that the movies take place?  Also, how come they always have to have an unbelievable and unlikely plot?  Like for example, how the heck is some kid who drowned 40 years ago gonna come back from the dead and kill people?  I guess I'm just too much of a reality-based movie goer.  

Mind you, I did like the first two Alien movies, even though they had a few scientific errors.  I mean, they might have had the F word every other sentence and all, but at least they didn't have plots that were absolutely impossible...

© Copyright 2001 fractal007 - All Rights Reserved
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
1 posted 2001-02-02 11:54 AM

Aliens will one day take over the world!!!!

(Hmm, I think we need an alien smiley!)

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2001-02-03 12:44 PM

Well.............Horror movies just scare me too much. I'm almost 18.....and Child's play still scares the begeezies outa me!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2001-02-06 06:33 PM

is ELVIS still alive  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
4 posted 2001-02-09 11:44 PM

So what's the BEST scary movie you've ever seen?
Swamp¤Faeryie
since 2000-12-04
Posts 393
fairyland....of course;)
5 posted 2001-02-10 12:10 PM

ahhh the 80's.....i hate the 80's. Why ask why about the 80's everything was a little melo (melodramatic,meloncholy) in those days....the 80's were bad. I personally loved the movie gremlins,but am not sure that qualifies as horror,it's more dark humor. umm...okay i know nothing about horror movies of the 80's but i will take this opportunity to complain about the 80's....in 1900-10 we had coney island,in 1920 we had prohibition and a rebelion revolution in 1930 we had swing in 1940 we had war in 1950 we had silly putty houses and society was a farce in 1960 we had a wake up call a rebellion a revolution in 1970 we had platform shoes,motorcycles,women's lib.,green peace etc. in 1980...we had what??....aids...and u2...okay someone point out the point of the 80's...the 80's was just a bad time when everyone wore hot pink and good good bands went flat...jethro tull got crappy,led zepplin got close to crappy,stevie nicks got crappy....oh wait the berlin wall went down in 84,that's not bad then is it?? I'm not even going to touch the 90's. lol DONE!! DONE RAMBLING!! gosh it's late

Do i contradict myself?Very well i contradict myself.I contain multitudes.~walt whitman

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
6 posted 2001-02-10 12:19 PM

ok.......I LOVED the 80's.........and the movies..........the only point to the scary movies then, was to get the girl scared and have her jump at the guy who could then protect her. ( wink, wink ) Who cares if it's reality based or not?! Did it get his arm around the girl? Ok then................    SEA
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

7 posted 2001-02-12 12:20 PM

I still think the Alien movies were the best, but then I'm not really into "scary" movies.  I liked them because they presented a cool idea about what aliens might look like.  

As for the "arm around the girl" thing, I've always thought that was just for ratings.  Besides, doesn't Jason kill off everybody but the girl in one of the movies about him?  I saw it in Ontario, and both my stepmother[who is slightly more fear-proned in movies than I am] was first to voice her opinion about the wimpiness of the girl who would not stop painting in a fearful manner.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Horror Movies of the 80s

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary