navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » Pictures to Come
The Corner Pub
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pictures to Come Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Another Heather
since 2000-02-17
Posts 93
Canada

0 posted 2000-03-20 04:47 AM

I have an impressive collection
Of photographs in my mind.
I can sit for hours
Sorting through them all.
Different people, places
Everything vivid.
I remember
Things I've never done
Yet, feel as though I have.
So many memories in my head
I know there's more to come.
Because no matter what
I think I've experienced
My photo album is empty.

"Be yourself... No matter what they say"
- Sting

© Copyright 2000 Heather Sadowy - All Rights Reserved
childomine
since 2000-01-25
Posts 818
st. petersburg, FL
1 posted 2000-03-20 11:15 AM

Heather this is so sad.  I don't believe anyones photo album is "empty" although they may think so.  Every person we meet (even for just a second), every deed we do, every scent and scene - is recorded in our albums.  A homeless person begging for food is a picture.  The sunset is a picture.  The tall trees, the green grass, the bright colors of flowers - all are pictures.  A kind word creates a picture.  Unfortunately so do unkind words.  A childs laughter, a forlorn cry, the singing of a bird, the sound of a car - everything that we come into contact with in our daily lives becomes an addition to our photo album.  Sorry - didn't mean to ramble on.  I like this poem.  With a few words you have portrayed a vast emptiness.
Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
2 posted 2000-03-22 05:50 AM

I couldn't say it any better than childomine.
(((((HUGS)))))

Another Heather
since 2000-02-17
Posts 93
Canada
3 posted 2000-03-23 03:00 AM

Well, I liked the interpretations you guys got but actually the story behind this poem is about how in my mind I feel like I've done so many things and I talk about doing things but in real-life I haven't done them. So basically my photo album in my head is full but the one in reality is empty, and I need to fill it by actually going out and experiencing things instead of just talking about it. So i wouldn't say it's a sad poem but more of an optimistic one of good things to come. Thanks for reading!

"Be yourself... No matter what they say"
- Sting

Jon Mewett
since 2000-03-04
Posts 1304

4 posted 2000-03-23 04:44 AM

Yep Don't look back to many times,go straight ahead make them thought dreams come true.

Jon

Sasikat
since 2000-02-02
Posts 290
St. Petersburg, FL
5 posted 2000-03-23 07:27 AM

Heather,

You presented a nice picture here.  Jon put it well, just get out there and make those images a reality.  Life is too short to miss out.

Sheila

...the earth and myself are of one mind. The measure of the land and the measure of our bodies are the same........... Joseph, Nez Perce Chief

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
6 posted 2000-03-23 03:35 PM

This  was really nice, and I agree fill up that photo album in reality !!!

"A poet is one who spends a lifetime standing out in thunderstorms, waiting to be hit by lightning"
~Randal Jarrell~

David2
since 2000-03-22
Posts 407

7 posted 2000-03-23 06:36 PM

I guess I had a different take on this... I thought you were saying there was still all of life to live although you had lived a rich life that there was more to come. I liked it alot!
      David2

Gene
since 2000-01-23
Posts 935
Colorado, USA
8 posted 2000-03-23 06:58 PM

I'm a photographer and have lots of pictures of other people, but I don't even have an album of my own.  

Heather,
I know exactly what your talking about. Sometimes I have memories of things that never happened. Not that I'm schizo, but I have so many dreams that I want to be true. Now, I need to finally live them for real.

Great poem

~Gene

Jonas
since 2000-03-03
Posts 796
Oregon
9 posted 2000-03-23 07:09 PM

I know this feeling all too well Heather. You portrayed it beautifully. And I must echo the others....make as many of those dreams come true as you can.

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
-Edgar Allen Poe

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » Pictures to Come

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary