navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » no name.. need suggestions for a title plz... ^_^
The Corner Pub
Post A Reply Post New Topic no name.. need suggestions for a title plz... ^_^ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand

0 posted 2000-06-10 01:55 AM

I did call this "One is So Many" but I had another verse, and the title is not relevant to the first.. it didn't fit with the rest of the poem, and the poem sounded better like this so I deleted the other piece. ^_^

A shy little girl waits by the window,
Hoping to be seen and yet trying to hide.
Uncertainly she lingers,
Wanting to enter, held back by her fear,
She thinks that she knows that she can’t.
So she stays by the window,
As she searches to find in herself,
A courage she wishes she had.
I hold my breath; her hand is raised,
Hesitating, panic stricken.
She will, she won’t, she will, she won’t ...
She glances behind her, wanting to run.
I implore her to stay, beg without words.
Urging her to open,
Opportunities door.
She does not see me,
And her search is unfruitful,
She drops her hand and flees,
Glances up, then averts her eyes,
From my beseeching gaze.
Slips unseen into the crowd,
Gone, lost, her courage; failed.

Lynne

© Copyright 2000 Lynne Miura, née Chudley - All Rights Reserved
Jon Mewett
since 2000-03-04
Posts 1304

1 posted 2000-06-10 03:47 AM

Yu lan

I like this very much,I would love to see the 'Other' verse as well.

But I spose your 'Courage Failed' on that.

Nice

Jon

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
2 posted 2000-06-10 07:08 AM

Yu Lan, you grab hold of this reader's attention real tight....whats with that girl?why does she behave like that?hmmm...thought-provoking

my interpretation:she has come to the house of her crush and wants to talk to him but....

nice job, Yu Lan

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
3 posted 2000-06-10 07:09 AM

Yu Lan, you grab hold of this reader's attention real tight....whats with that girl?why does she behave like that?hmmm...thought-provoking

my interpretation:she has come to the house of her crush and wants to talk to him but....

nice job, Yu Lan

Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand
4 posted 2000-06-10 08:59 PM

thanx.. 'Courage Failed'.. yeah i like that.. might stick witht that, ^^ thank you both..

Jon.. mm, the other verse basically just pointed out that in the poem, i saw in the girl, myself, so i wanted so much for her to have courage.. like I so many times didn't.. but then i realise that when i was the girl, i never saw the me, urging me to take the opportunity, and I turn away, just like the girl.. in my opinion, that piece ruined the poem, as it wasn't very well written, and it seemed as though from a different voice.. out of sinc with the poem.. ^_^

Kaile.. mm, when i was writing this, i pictured a glass window, like in a store or something, and the girl was wanting to knock on the door.. perhaps for employment, company, whatever.. i don't mention in the poem, so as to leave that a mystery.. it is better for the reader to come to their own conclusions, so i didn't really think that far, hehe.. but the other person is on the other side of the glass, so he'she can't help her.. the glass can also be a mental wall, so it is not actually there, but because they are both so far away from each other, neither going to speak to one another, it seems, to him/her, as though there is glass between them.. as he/she can still see her..
hehe.. thank you kaile, thank you kaile.. (2 reply, to 2 posts. lol)

Lynne

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

5 posted 2000-06-12 07:29 PM

This is a great poem, Lynne! I really like it! I think 'Courage Failed' is a great title, too!

Denise

Little_Spyro
since 2000-01-09
Posts 659
San Diego, CA, USA
6 posted 2000-06-12 08:27 PM

Well, this isn't "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" and I'm sure as heck not Regis Philbin, but this poem'd be worth millions, or in fact, priceless...

Since you polled the audience, statistics report that 66% of the audience thinks that "Courage Failed" is a great title for a great poem.  

Little Spyro T. Dragon

kelieth
since 2000-06-12
Posts 314
Normal IL - USA
7 posted 2000-06-13 02:32 AM

I have to agree with the other posts 'Courage Failed' Seems very appropriate.  Good poem.  

Kevin

Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand
8 posted 2000-06-13 03:34 AM

Thank youuuuuu! ^_^

Lynnw

Lost Dreamer
Member Elite
since 1999-06-20
Posts 2464
Somewhere near the Rainbow
9 posted 2000-06-13 01:54 PM

Lynn, Fabulous poem here, I can relate to it so well, been through years of courage failed in everything I do, and it seems to worsen with age.
childomine
since 2000-01-25
Posts 818
st. petersburg, FL
10 posted 2000-06-13 10:43 PM

I'm with the rest - "Courage Failed" is a great title for this.  You could have been writing about me when I was a bit (lol) younger.
Tramp Poet
since 2000-01-06
Posts 754
Could Be Anywhere...
11 posted 2000-06-15 11:47 PM

hey Yu,
Please forgive me for even thinking about
naming someone else's work...and i agree
that "Courage Failed" is good...what i saw in
my minds eye was "Nestling".
Thanks for the read...
D

bleeding...

"Tis ink coming
from his arm,
Captain!"

Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand
12 posted 2000-06-16 10:25 PM

hey thanks ppl..

bleeding.. nah, that is just what I was asking 4.. suggestions for a title.. thank you!! ^_^

childomine.. L.D.. thanx both..
ok, have to go read some poetry now.. ^_^

Lynne

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » no name.. need suggestions for a title plz... ^_^

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary