navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » *~What Do You Do?~* Please Comment. Thanks
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic *~What Do You Do?~* Please Comment. Thanks Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
BraTt
since 1999-10-25
Posts 41
Yakima, WA United States

0 posted 1999-12-18 09:48 PM

Sometimes words he says, no yells,
They hurt more than bruises.
Can’t he see every time he screams,
It’s just my love he loses?

I used to try to please him,
But that cannot be done.
He yells of my unperfections,
This battle just can’t be won.

I’m not as perfect as he’d like,
To him I am not trying.
I wish he’d be pleased with who I am,
Does he think I am lying?

I guess I’ll just have to deal with it,
Even thought it makes me sad.
Cause what do you do when the person you hate,
Is your one and only dad?

© Copyright 1999 Ashly - All Rights Reserved
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
1 posted 1999-12-18 10:53 PM

Bratt, it is in no way your fault that this is happening to you. It sounds like you need to talk to someone like a counselor, teacher, or friend's parent. You can also email me at rosesthorns16@hotmail.com anytime. I hope that things are not as bad as I think they are. Best of luck to you.

Elizabeth

Nail to the mast her holy flag,
Set every threadbare sail-
And give her to the god of storms,
The lightning and the gale!
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

starboards
since 1999-10-14
Posts 467
longwood, florida
2 posted 1999-12-18 11:42 PM

I like this one, i've never exprienced this but i now i can somehow see how it must feel, great job!
BraTt
since 1999-10-25
Posts 41
Yakima, WA United States
3 posted 1999-12-19 04:29 PM

This poem wasn't written for me...it was written for my best friend.  I had her read these posts, and she said thank you.  And I also want to thank you for the replies, they mean a lot to me.  This is only my 2nd peom that I have written, so I wasn't sure if it was all that great.  But thanks again

*~You are the star for which all evenings wait~*

destiny502
since 1999-11-23
Posts 57
OH
4 posted 1999-12-19 09:45 PM

i can feel your friends pain.  i guess it may not be as bad for me, but my mom yells at me a lot, for no reason at all most of the time.  im a good kid, but i guess im never good enough for her.  it hurts a lot and i guess the crying i do is the only thing that helps..but great poem!  keep it up
Drgnslyer
since 1999-12-20
Posts 7
Kamloops BC Canada
5 posted 1999-12-20 02:07 AM

Well, I do like the poem, and I understand what your friend is going through.  Although I am young too, I have been through more than the average person.  
This includes being Vastly suicidal, in states of depression sooooo deep that not even my mother(to whom I'm very close with) could even find out what was bothering me.  However, now I am a very established person, and my battles with suicide, depression, and life are though, and I have won, I see it as a kind of personal quest to aid people, particularily my peers, through life's troubled waters.  
Unfortunately, this is a situation that involves the parent's ignorance, and lack of knowledge of what goes through a teen's mind psychologicaly in these years.  There is so much change in a teen's life, such that it is very difficult to deal with.  Especially when parents get over expectant.  
I do not like to say it, but I have to say that a specific person is to blame here.  Although they are not aware of it, it is the parent that is to blame today.  I'm not totally sure as to what the solution fully is, for I only have heard a fraction of the information in this story...but I have been able to locate the problem.  

With situations such as this, it gets very complicated to describe the problem, and any possible solutions, and I hope that I have been some help here.  Feel free to contact me(info in profile) for any further tidbits.  I hope I can be of any assistance.

Drgnslyer
since 1999-12-20
Posts 7
Kamloops BC Canada
6 posted 1999-12-20 02:13 AM

One other thing to say to Destiny;

I know that crying does make it feel better, and it does help in a great deal, but there is always a solution to any problem.  After all, if there were no solutions to problems, what would they be called???  An inextricably unsolvable fact???  No, they are problems, and I want you, and anyone else that reads this to realize, that no matter how out of reach the end seems, it's always around the next bend.  You (in general) need to be able to get up after being knocked down again and again, and never give up.  One day, you will see the light at the end of the tunnel, and you will be revitalized by the sight of it.  You will get such a surge of energy(both emotional and physical) that for days, your friends will be saying "wow, what happened to you???  You're so much alive...."  And they will be pleased, along with you.  

Stick in there, and you will pull through.  So long as you dont' give up, and so long as you controll your willpower to never lay down in submission, eventually you will emerge triumphant.

BraTt
since 1999-10-25
Posts 41
Yakima, WA United States
7 posted 1999-12-21 10:27 PM

Thank you for the replies, it really means a lot to me personally to know that so many people care.  It's been hard sticking by my friend through all of this, because she is in so much pain it hurts me to see her like that, but a friend must always stick by and that's what I intend to do.  Thanks again.
Jinx
since 1999-12-22
Posts 7
Wilkes-Barre PA
8 posted 1999-12-22 09:45 PM

Parents, it seems, are there to give you headaches for good reasons, they wish for their children to be better off then they were.  Even though their words do hurt they do not realize this.  The best bet is to try to cope, there are solutions but finding them is the hard part.  The poem itself aside from the feelings it brings up is great.  Keep up the good work.
Holden
since 1999-12-23
Posts 26
Brighton East, Victoria, Australia
9 posted 1999-12-24 07:05 AM

BraTt, I know exactly how your friend feels since I have been in a situation very similar to the one you wrote about.  Your poem touched me and really grabbed my attention, something my poems have yet to do among the readers in this forum.  I congratulate you on your excellent poem while at the same time I grieve for your friend.  I hope she gets all the help she needs.  Keep up the good work...

'I once picked a daisy's petals searching for an answer. I went through 10 daisy's before getting the answer I was looking for...I love you.'

Kiwi
since 1999-12-24
Posts 10

10 posted 1999-12-25 03:48 PM

I feel the pain of your poem, because you have to love your dad but you have to hate him to...it is just that dad's expect too much of their children...they don't let us make our own mistakes...and if we do we hae hell to pay because of it...it is sad but true..
Quiet Lightning
since 1999-12-26
Posts 56

11 posted 1999-12-26 11:19 AM

It seems to me that you are very hurt.
I know it is very hard to please a person
because they are never satisfied.The only
thing that I can tell you is to just please
yourself.  Do what makes you happy and it will work out for you in the long run.  By the way I liked your poem.

Olga
since 1999-07-26
Posts 152
Brooklyn, NY, USA
12 posted 1999-12-27 12:55 PM

How sad   The only advise i have 4 u is to be the person  u r, and not let anyone change you.
---------------------------------------------
<<What you resist you become.>>

Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
13 posted 1999-12-27 01:20 AM

This poem really tugged at my heart strings for many reasons.  It was a well written poem, in a bittersweet way. I look forward to reading more poetry of yours. Unfortunately, I have been through what your friend is going through now.  I am now 20, and my father is now gone, but the memories still remain.  Today, I am successful at university on my way to becoming a teacher, I have tons of friends, a boyfriend,
and everything that I could hope for, except for a sense of myself; all esteem was lost as a child of abuse.  Nothing can fill the void of mine because of the things my father did to me.  I beg of you to tell your friend to get help asap, because it will destroy her, believe me.  

It's like you read my mind when I was a child and a young teenager, it's like you wrote this poem for me.
Thank you for caring enough about your friend to write this poem for her.

* Melissa Honeybee *

Marissa
since 1999-12-25
Posts 20

14 posted 1999-12-27 09:31 PM

Hey, this was a great poem.  It has a lot of meaning.  You're friend is VERY lucky tohave someone like you in her life that cares so much.  Tell her to hang in there, I wish her the best of luck.
BraTt
since 1999-10-25
Posts 41
Yakima, WA United States
15 posted 1999-12-29 03:38 PM

Wow, thanks everyone, I never thought that I would get so many wonderful replies to this peom.  My friend also said thanks, because it shows that there are people out there that care so much.  Thanks again

*~You are the star for which all evenings wait~*

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » *~What Do You Do?~* Please Comment. Thanks

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary