navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » yet another new forum
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic yet another new forum Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2005-06-18 03:09 AM

simply called "confessions"

For example, I've got a 17 inch zucchini in my desk.

There's a story behind that, and a reason too, but you'll have to open the new forum to find out.

heh.

© Copyright 2005 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
timothysangel1973
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 2001-12-03
Posts 1725
Never close enough
1 posted 2005-06-18 04:34 AM

Lemme tell ya what kind of things get ya stared (and talked about) here in the south... hehe

3 am confessions of 17 incher things close by - in shapes of Zuchinni

That and?

Needing a forum called confessions hehe

Glad I woke up for a glass of electric personality (Pepsi)

Would have hated to miss the Zuchinni Confession Thread

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
2 posted 2005-06-18 02:48 PM

I dont know karen something tells me that forum would need to be in MC

I keep a fragrance bottle my
muse gave me when I met him
in endless winter and he
settled me into remembering
who I am.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2005-06-18 04:24 PM

Doesn't Grok This work for that?  
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2005-06-18 04:25 PM

For me, being neither a priest nor a policeman, most confessions would fall somewhere between boring and nauseating. Of course, there are certainly exceptions to that. Generally, to get my interest, the person has to be someone about whom I care. I don't necessarily have to like them, but I do have to care enough to want to understand them better, care enough to want to know what happens in their life, perhaps in the past, certainly in the future. I have to be invested in the person, else their confession is nothing but an anecdote and a waste of my time.

Writers do that all the time, of course, both in poetry and in prose. They usually call it fiction.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2005-06-18 04:58 PM

Okay, okay, so you're not interested in the story.

Let me make it up to you over dinner.

I'd make zucchini, but yanno, I do have to concede your point a bit. The only reason it wasn't diced into the salad last night was because although I know where the squash came from, the more ponderous (and nod, slightly nauseating) idea was the fact that I cannot be sure where it has been. But what I imagine is prolly much more interesting than the truth.

One must always consider the source with a gift of zucchini.

and thanks to fellow pipster adagio, for the gift from his garden and his sense of humor.

(and hey, Ronnie, it was a long night as I pulled the Friday night/Saturday morning stint on neighborhood watch. Thanks for putting up with my craziness as I bounced the halls of your forums.)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » yet another new forum

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary