navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The beginning of the dream
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The beginning of the dream Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart

0 posted 2000-12-16 04:02 PM

The beginning of the dream.

Looking back at what I wrote 30 years ago, and ascribing to call it poetry, I cannot help but wonder at me.  With less than wisdom and lesser still any self-history to my name, but only the youngest of imaginations and a desire to have history and wisdom under my then narrow belt, I attempted at chronicling my thoughts.  As I graze over the words of some long ago years past, I see that even today I would not change a line of it, not one whit, for they were of my mind as it was then. So much then the lack of critic am I.  Let someone else edit my words and make them then less of me, and more of them.

Today at the wizened age of 17 some young people sound as if they were already 45, for media and hype and brazen worldliness have transfigured their universe so much so that if we were to be them as we knew to be ourselves in the here and now, we would cower, afraid.  But not the youth of today. Immortality in the mind of the young has broached a newer, higher level in those that would strive to sights of greatness such as the majority of us back in our time did not realize could be achieved but for the sights a select few.

So it amazes me, this bravery of the young poets that inhabit a computerized world and splay forth their imaginations.  For the most part they are well read and wise beyond their years, and yet the emotions of the young peek forth when they speak of human relations, wants and needs.  Many of the "older" generations herein are taking and making way with old habits and ways of past doings to take on the newer version of immortalizing and archiving our thoughts.  The young take what is new to us and make it old to them within minutes.  They don't have anything to forget or relearn. They teach us so much!  But in the way of human relations, it is the older that teach the younger, still.

So as I look back on my words of yesterday, sometimes I will share them with all, sometimes not.  The shy of me still peers out from these old, yellowed pages, and I have changed much since that time.  Whether or not anyone would agree with my personal thoughts that I am better now than I was then is grist for the mill.  As for myself, it remains food for thought that at least I believe I am.

For that is all I have.  Belief and trust in my decisions to go forward with my writing, whether or not what once writ some 30 years ago was any good or not…if nothing else, it does show the beginning of my dreams.

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...
I would rather be silent and write, than speak loudly and be bound.
KRJ

© Copyright 2000 Karilea Rilling Jungel - All Rights Reserved
Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
1 posted 2000-12-17 08:19 PM

and the good of your soul. . .

wonderful write. . .

------------------------------------------------------

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2000-12-20 03:05 PM

Ah yes, Sven, the good of my soul...thank you...

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...
I would rather be silent and write, than speak loudly and be bound.
KRJ

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The beginning of the dream

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary