navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Perfect Friend
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Perfect Friend Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

0 posted 2000-04-19 08:31 AM

A man for a friend? What a concept! Does it exist in reality or only in a fantasy? Is it more real, more special, and more meaningful than any closeness or simply a prelude to a more intense union? Is it possible or is it a fairytale, going against all ingrained feelings and emotions.

A perfect man who is a friend.

He would read the real me and not turn away

He would become enraged if I were hurt or scared and let me know it!

He would be honest if I failed and yet lovingly so.

He would have the capability to reduce me to a mass of jelly with just a few words and man enough and strong enough, and tender enough to hold my hand without wounding my heart.

He would find the words within me needed to express myself, without pulling them from me. He would just know the unspoken words and find them, in his own way.

He would not make promises he could not keep.

He would pray for me and mean it, not simply pious platitudes brushed off with an air of indifference.

He would never look at his watch when I'm speaking to him, even through correspondence, you know, you just know when someone is looking at ...their watch....

He would not draw me in to then at some given point, decide I'm a bother, someone he doesn't need, want only to discard me as if I were a faded rose.

He would dream about me.

He would never wake up from the dream for I would be there always, even in the portals between sleep and consciousness.

He would be able to cry

He would be able to defend me.

He would and hopefully exists...somewhere.....even if only in prose.

He would touch me without touching me, caress me without caressing me and kiss me a thousand times over a thousand years in one moment shining from the morning sun.

He would be most welcomed.

Kathleen

© Copyright 2000 Kathleen - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Perfect Friend

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary