navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Other
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Other Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
childomine
since 2000-01-25
Posts 818
st. petersburg, FL

0 posted 2000-01-31 05:42 PM

I know now why your heart seems so hard to catch.  It's because someone very lucky has already caught it.  You are in love.
     With that knowledge I must resign from the competition.  When one is in love one sees no competition nor competitors, but only the love of ones heart.
     How could I have been so blind?  The way in which you looked at her whenever she was present.  The tone that you used when you said her name.  How you listened when words of her or by her were spoken.  Why could I not see what was placed before my very eyes?
    My heart is feeling wretched as the facts fall into place, like the pieces of a puzzle.  How can I fight this?  There can be no battle.  One cannot fight true love.  This knowledge tears me apart.
     I know that you won't be able to erase thoughts of her from your mind and feelings of her from your heart.  I know that she is the only one for you and that there can be no one else.  That's what happens when you truly love.
     How do I know this?  I too have only one person on my mind and in my heart.  My eyes too do not let me see anyone else.
     I am the other.  The friend.  One whom loves, truly loves -
you.

© Copyright 2000 Kim Soule - All Rights Reserved
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
1 posted 2000-01-31 09:58 PM

Ahh.. bummer about the guy    Fate (and love) work in mysterious ways though, you'll find somebody that you'll love with every ounce of your heart, and he'll love you just as much.  That's my belief, I'm sure you'll find someone, good luck to you until then!

In flames I shall not be consumed, but reborn. -- Abrahm Simons

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
2 posted 2000-02-05 04:14 AM

And yet remember that the day is not yet over...
We never know what lies around the next corner! And- to love is better not to love. Everyone deserves to be loved don't they? And it doesn't mean you can't love another,! The heart is big and will allow as many in there as you want!!  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Other

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary